I'm so used to android phones which scratch very easily on the plastic, or the iPhone 4 which scratches so easily on the band around it. But I haven't been able to scratch this blue polycarbonate.... Anyone scratched theirs yet??

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-15-2012 05:17 PM
    Nope, not worrying about it either. The colour will show all the way through, so scratches should hardly be noticeable. Just worried about the screen.
    04-15-2012 05:19 PM
    Yea I'm not worried about it cause I work construction and usually am pretty rough on phones haha. This one is just tough. Screen seem stout also

04-15-2012 05:21 PM
    My phone took a nasty tumble last night. I was a little tipsy from drinking and dropped it. I immediately picked it up, inspected it and found absolutely zero scratches or damage. I'm always adamant about using a case. I'm not going to use a case with my Lumia because it's so great to hold and now I realize the polycarbonate is pretty sturdy and can hold up after a drop.
    Last edited by JD914; 04-15-2012 at 05:44 PM.
    04-15-2012 05:25 PM
    That's pretty awesome. man I love this phone

04-15-2012 05:29 PM
    My phone took a nasty tumble last night. I was a little tipsy from drinking and dropped it. I immediately picked it up and inspected it and found absolutely zero scratches or damage. I'm always adamant about using a case. I'm not going to use a case with my Lumia because it's so great to hold and now I realize the polycarbonate is pretty sturdy and can hold up after a drop.
    Until you woke up the next morning and it was actually completely shattered. lol jk.
    I wish there was a screen protector that put a shield over the screen and not just one of those little clear films. Oh well. I'll be careful for a while.
    04-15-2012 05:32 PM
    I think someone put a picture up on this forum of a dropped Lumia 900. The Glass was still intact, but the screen underneath had cracked. So I would not be too worried about the glass... Gorilla Glass in general is really good, my old focus I dropped on pavement and gravel a few times from about 3-4 feet, and even having landed on the screen, there were not many scratches.
    04-16-2012 03:08 PM
    My phone took a nasty tumble last night. I was a little tipsy from drinking and dropped it. I immediately picked it up, inspected it and found absolutely zero scratches or damage. I'm always adamant about using a case. I'm not going to use a case with my Lumia because it's so great to hold and now I realize the polycarbonate is pretty sturdy and can hold up after a drop.
    Drunk tested. Check!
    04-16-2012 03:40 PM
    I chipped the corners of my L900 after dropping it in the sidewalk.

Everything was "fixed" after I purchased some 1500 sand paper and smoothed out the edges.

I love this material! :-)
    04-16-2012 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD