05-01-2012 02:16 PM
184 ... 678
tools
    Wow. You had to go through several browsers to settle in one that you like and then you admit it performs slower than IE9 on WP7 anyways? Are you kidding me? You didn't give this platform a serious chance. Other than the myriad of customizable options, which you will never 100% be satisfied as you will keep changing over and over and over again, you really haven't provided how that note is better other than it seems to be what you prefer. Been there way more times than I care to recount. More options does not a preferable platform make.

You will see. You've had it for a week. When it comes time for upgrades and as you add more apps, it will all become more clear to you in that which we speak of. Guess you just need to experience it for yourself.
    Not true at all. I was highly looking forward to the Lumia 900. I had researched the phone, read dozens of reviews, and played with it in the store twice before I bought it. I should have checked to see if you could switch the search provider in the store. I just assumed it was a given.
    The speed of a browser isn't everything to me. I value that it functions the way I prefer more.

Truth is I was complaining to my wife the first night and threatening to take it back the next day. But I really tried to give it a chance. I tried most of the browsers in the market place but they all hald too many bugs to be happy with them. Finally after 2 weeks I just gave up. It was clear I was happier with my iPhone.

There was many occasions Bing wouldn't find what I was looking for. It would return as little half a page of results or 2 pages of results, none of which were close to what I was looking for. Google would return hundreds of pages and what I was looking for would be in the top 5 items consistently with the exact same search.

While IE would still not I've been to my liking. I might have kept the phone if it weren't for bing.

WP does a lot it things better, I wont argue that. I'm not trying to bash the OS. Just saying it wasn't for me. And if I am bashing anything it is only IE, if it weren't for that I'm sure I would still have the phone.
    Last edited by projekZERO; 04-28-2012 at 02:27 PM.
    04-28-2012 02:10 PM
    Guys everyone deserves to have there own opinion so let listen to what projekZERO has to say. Windows Phone is not for everyone. If Android is what he like he should use Android.

All we need to do is make sure everyone has the correct information.
    04-28-2012 03:09 PM
    Well, I give up. I hope the platform turns into something amazing but it has far too many drawbacks and I'm returning it today.

It's the music player that's really driving me to return it. I use my phone as my primary source of music in the car and away from home and I rely heavily on rating and playcount to keep my music in order. (Over 80 gigs from a ton of different artists.) Zune's heart system is just stupid.
    Nice! I knew 100% that you were going to retun it from that original thread. Maybe some other day!
    04-29-2012 10:34 PM
    Meh. Love the Nokia build. Had a E71 and N95 back in the day. Symbian was so antiquated it was time for an OS change. Every phone has its subtle nuances. I have had all the OS's. Each has its strengths and weaknesses. In this technological age, it comes down to the "Just-noticeable difference" or jnd. It could be said "in the beginning, there was significant difference between OS's and hardware." It's now pretty neck and neck so it comes down to "does the device meet your needs." I really hope WP succeeds as does Nokia. The more quality OS's and hardware options makes the choices that much more interesting not to mention drives the industry forward with new and exciting devices and options.
    04-30-2012 11:28 PM
    Well, I think of changing my mind about not returning it. The problem is the unlock situation. I am traveling abroad in a month and it seems like there won't be an unlock for AT&T version for a while..

If I do return, I will just replace it will European Lumia 900.
    05-01-2012 12:51 AM
    Well, I think of changing my mind about not returning it. The problem is the unlock situation. I am traveling abroad in a month and it seems like there won't be an unlock for AT&T version for a while..

If I do return, I will just replace it will European Lumia 900.
    You can return it and just buy and unlocked rogers version for $589 USD. Probably be a lot cheaper than the european version b/c of exchange rates
    05-01-2012 12:03 PM
    You can return it and just buy and unlocked rogers version for $589 USD. Probably be a lot cheaper than the european version b/c of exchange rates
    From Rogers directly or online retailer?
    05-01-2012 12:33 PM
    The problem is Rogers only sells black. I'm in need of cyan.
    05-01-2012 01:53 PM
    Get a cyan case. It'll be hard to tell the difference.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    05-01-2012 02:16 PM
184 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD