Anyone Keeping Lumia 900 past 30 days?

Mengels7

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I think the iPhone 4's camera might actually be better. .

It is, I just wanted to pretend like maybe one of the hardware features on my new phone were actually a little better. *sigh*

My brother was completely wowed by the screen though, so it does have that initial wow factor on people. I keep the brightness on high just for that ;)

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Nokia should have gone with the BSI camera sensor like most newer phones are using.

I love the screen. The black levels are insane. When looking at the home screen you can't even tell where the screen ends and bezel begins really. I do notice the lower resolution when zooming in on text and rendering web pages. But it's not terrible.

Only knock is on the auto brightness. It is way too aggressive even in the bright lights at work; it's always dimmer than the low setting unless I'm outside in the sun.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If they have the blue before 30 days im switching lol!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

i have the matte black but i am really wanting to see what that white one looks like since its glossy vs matte i might want to trade it in for that but as i said in the beginning i am keeping mine.

hazmanch4

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
dude you are unbelievable first off no one is *****ing but you. You act like you are the designer of this device. I simply said i was unhappy with the camera and nokia for not even addressing it. the advertising beta testing stuff yeah they talk about the pictures yet it doesn't produce. I like the phone for other reasons and again since you cant seem to understand i never said i was returning or that i wanted to.
Yeah.. why that guy being sooo defensive (then offensive)? he cant handle opinion that differ from him?

capus5

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Well I am keeping my 900! After the updates for the data I am happy! My wife and in laws have iPhone 3 and 4s and I do everything they do they just can't do everything I do. Except that screen capture thing I do think that is a cool feature! Lol! Would like to have that. The phone is fast and the social integration built in is untouchable. And it looks good!

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Well I am keeping my 900! After the updates for the data I am happy! My wife and in laws have iPhone 3 and 4s and I do everything they do they just can't do everything I do. Except that screen capture thing I do think that is a cool feature! Lol! Would like to have that. The phone is fast and the social integration built in is untouchable. And it looks good!

no one does social integration to me better than windowsphone its freaking awesome, i now just need an excellent camera to go with it so i can post those in the moment photos we all enjoy but over all good phone. can't wait for that wp8 nokia lets get some purview in this bad boy.

trivor

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
You are right cell phone camera's are meant to capture the moment so when you do take that picture while out and it comes out blurry with blue spots and yellow spots say goodbye to the moment. and not once in this post i say i was going to return mine i am gauging the community on if anyone else try reading the whole thing net time.

Actually, take a look at Paul Thurotte's (he is the biggest WP7 fan - just read his articles and listen to his podcast) pictures from the Lumia 900 vs iPhone. Don't tell me you can "fix" them - they need to be decent so you can post directly to (whatever photo site you use). Also, big gotcha - Skydrive syncing doesn't upload full res versions of your photos - what good is that? Some of you people are starting to act defensively like iPhone fanboys (I remember when it first came out people loved it even though ATT was so bad most of the time you didn't have data and couldn't make calls). This is supposed to be THE FLAG SHIP device for WP7 that competes against the iPhone 4S (how many iPhone owners on ATT are going to switch) - still the BEST camera phone on the market, the new HTC One X (check out the screen and specs don't matter if you throw enough horsepower against it - ICS is smooth as butter) with a great camera, the HTC Evo 4G LTE (Sprint LTE version of the One X), the upcoming Galaxy S3. Also, specs that do matter (noticeable to the average person) are hi resolution screens (720P and retina are beautiful), why does the 4.7" Titan I/II have exactly the same number of tiles as the 3.7" Lumia 710/Focus Flash - what a waste of screen real estate). Really, Really want to like/own a Windows Phone (been a Microsoft person since MS-DOS 2.0 - only version I missed is Win ME (didn't miss anything). It isn't happening on Verizon (at least not anytime soon and I have no intentions of changing carriers - great coverage, my customer service has been excellent and with a corporate discount it doesn't cost me much - $86/month for 2 lines, 700 minutes, and one smartphone with unlimited data (**** will freeze over before the wife gets a smartphone - just bought two backup dumb phones before they all disappear). I would be interested in looking at one BUT there is no way I'm going into an ATT store - let me know when MS convinces Verizon that WP8 is worth having.

Last edited:

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Eh. It's a dead horse. Let's all put the stick down.

Like the Galaxy Nexus, the camera is a let down for a lot of people and it seems to go across the board. If consumers get a better user experience from it, then that's wonderful. For me, tapping the screen gives me better shots than the camera button.

Anyhow, if the camera is make or break, then either trade in your phone for another device or wait until another phone comes out. I believe the Titan II has a great camera

zyriak

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I think the camera is the most-overrated feature on a smartphone, so many claim it's so important then they don't tend to use it, I mean how many of you walk around with a proper camera to work everyday?

If the camera is what matters then get such a phone, for most people there are hundreds of other features in a phone that matters more...

briesenbeck

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Definitely going to be keeping it. The pros far outweigh the cons.

As for the picture quality, I really don't think it's that bad. To be sure, it's not up there with the iPhone 4S, but managing to come in second place to that juggernaut is still pretty great.

firedancer1189

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I live in an incredibly small market. When I say small I mean that I have been an orginal Focus owner since last March and have only seen one other person with the WP platform since. To Microsoft's credit, I will say that I am perhaps in the most heavily saturrated Verizon markert in potentially the lower 48 states.No offense to you VZW users but I just don't think I could settle for the Trophy so I understany why I haven't seen much as far as WP7 goes around these parts.

Recently a friend and co-worker of mine had his HTC Android (somthing, God there are a million Android devices) finally kick the bucket. Even those he was a serious Fandroid, I convinced him to give the Windows Phone platform a chance. He agreed and long story short fell in love with the 900. He began by constantly telling people how refreshing and incredibly smooth the Windows OS is and wouldn't have it any other way.

After awhile, he began to deveolop a gripe (shocker here) about the camera. After seeing the pictures my Focus produced he just couldn't believe how bad the pictures his new "Cadillac" phone produced. I let him know he wasn't the only one that felt this way about the 900 and pointed out some of the advantages it has over plenty of other devices on the market. While I don't think he will throw in the towel on the OS because of this, I know it bothers him enough that he perhaps won't be as eager to reccomend the OS to others. Now, I know that this isn't directly the operating system's fault and that it's based mostly on hardware. However I don't think that the average user will differenciate between software and hardware when it comes to shortcomings like the camera in the 900.

To quote a preious poster, you don't just throw around the Carl Zeiss name without backing it up with decent camera optics/hardware. Afterall, this is the same company that is now touting a 41 megapixel camera on a phone. I just hope it lives up to half the hype when it comes to photo quality that the 900 was supposedly reported to have.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if the Lumia 900 is doing so well because it's free until Sunday. The real test will be how long it stays high up on the sales charts after it goes back to $99.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I wonder if the Lumia 900 is doing so well because it's free until Sunday. The real test will be how long it stays high up on the sales charts after it goes back to $99.

I bet the 900 will drop to a penny on Amazon after a month or so, as they usually do with most phones.

textomatic

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm keeping my Lumia 900. IMO it's awesome! I love the screen. I don't care if it's 480x800. To my eyes it looks great. I love the phone's body style. It's sexy. At first I didn't like all the buttons on the same side but the other day I took it out of my pocket and immediately knew which way to hold it by feeling for the buttons. Now I love the buttons all on the same side. The camera, while a let down, is still fine for my use. It's not a deal breaker for me. I love the Nokia apps, especially Nokia Drive. I have a dedicated GPS (Tom Tom which is garbage) and the Nokia is a great back-up (maybe even front-up if you know what a I mean.) So yeah, I'm keeping my Lumia 900.

koffey

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm also bothered by the Camera button not waking the phone from sleep, and the volume buttons not working with the lock screen, except for some music apps.

Odd, my HTC HD7 does all of this. You can setup the camera button in the OS to wake and my volume buttons work on lock. Settings>Apps>Pics&Camera, second option down.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Okay so i left iOS and Android to comeback to WP and I do love WP. Can i ask an honest question, will any of you be returning the Lumia 900 before the 30 days is up? I ask this because since our phone has been released (rushed to market) its been plagued by some issues.

It hasn't been plagued by issues. There was one issue. The data bug, which I never even experienced and they released an update in record time along with an unprecedented refund.

The camera is fine.

dasfoto

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm just frustrated that these pictures pale in comparison to other devices. I want to be able to show off what my phone can do. It's disappointing especially with Nokia having released a phone over a year ago with superior capabilities.
Also, after seeing the huge difference with pictures taken vs pictures edited it just seems Nokia could refine the pictures more with their software. Ex. attached.
You do know you can go in and adjust the white balance, saturation, contrast and the like, don't you? I haven't taken a lot of shots yet, but this is much better than the HD7 I was using before. Oh, and I'm not just a point and shoot guy. I own three DSLRs and take my photography very seriously. For a Cell phone camera, I'm quite pleased.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb