screen won't appear after finished with a call...proximity sensor issue?

identity-x

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else have this issue?

Whenever I finish with a call and pull it away from my face to press "End Call" the screen stays dark until I press the volume or power button.

Not a particularly pressing issue, but annoying nonetheless.

(Thinking aloud...I wonder if I'll be able to exchange it for one of the white Lumia's and still be able to get $100 off my bill. :D)

mayoo

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I think this may be as by design. First check ur screen timeout sec value. If u set that to 30sec and ur call is longer then screen will for sure lock

Sent via Lumia 900 using Board Express

Last edited:

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Both of mine do that, although I am not sure it is as short as 30secs (screen time out duration). I have been on some 5-10 min calls and screen turns back on.

It is not a deal breaker but wish there was something mentioned about it by Nokia, so we would know what to expect.

identity-x

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I hadn't thought about the screen timeout value. Most calls I make are relatively short and I don't recall whether it worked after making longer calls. Will check it out!

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
For me, if the other person hangs up first the screen doesn't light up...If I move to hang up first the screen will light up.

I don't know if it's by design or not but it can be disconcerting.

identity-x

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
For me, if the other person hangs up first the screen doesn't light up...If I move to hang up first the screen will light up.

I don't know if it's by design or not but it can be disconcerting.

Not the case here.

Sometimes I'll move the phone away and seconds will pass without the screen turning on. When I hit a button and it does, the end call is still lit up and the call duration timer is still ticking away

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Something interesting, I changed my screen timeout to 1 min from 30 secs, and the phone has woken up fine everytime. Most of the calls were 5+ mins long and one 15+ mins.

raidel00

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Something interesting, I changed my screen timeout to 1 min from 30 secs, and the phone has woken up fine everytime. Most of the calls were 5+ mins long and one 15+ mins.

I was just about to post this. I did this last week ( I used to have it on 30 seconds) and it has been working perfectly the entire week...even after a 45 min call :D
I noticed that everyone who had the issue had their timeout set to 30 secs...so did I, so I was hmmm....what if I change it to 1min after that it worked fine every time. Hope this helps everyone else.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to try this, reluctantly... it's gonna waste more battery. Might just be worth it to deal with unlocking the screen to end a phone call and keep the timeout at 30 seconds.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I'm going to try this, reluctantly... it's gonna waste more battery. Might just be worth it to deal with unlocking the screen to end a phone call and keep the timeout at 30 seconds.
That depends on how you use it. I typically push the button to turn it off as soon as I am done and don't wait for the screen to time out. I have been doing it this way ever since I have been using SmartPhones.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Interesting... This started happening to me when I switched from 1 minute to 30 seconds. I guess I should switch back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720