11-14-2013 07:51 AM
45 12
tools
    I have the capacitive buttons issue when I use headphones or listen to music on it. I becomes unresponsive for a day, then a day or so of the capacitive buttons acting up (with bing and voice command popping up), then they start to respond, except for the back button. After about 4 days it comes out of it.
    This is my second L900 with the same issues.
    07-31-2012 01:39 PM
    Did, you try the app "Stop the music" ?

It removes the player controls from the volume bar and maybe it relates to Your issue as well...

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    07-31-2012 01:45 PM
    Did, you try the app "Stop the music" ?

It removes the player controls from the volume bar and maybe it relates to Your issue as well...

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    I have been using it, but yesterday, my phone got sick before I could even get to the app command on the home screen.
    07-31-2012 01:50 PM
    I have a white 900, purchased a week after they were available. My phone definitely freezes and alot. When putting head phones in it locks up, and the issue I deal with the most is random unresponsive display. About 2 times a week my phone just goes unresponsive. I still receive notifications, and I can even make the wallpaper bounce with the power buttom. I have waited over a hour for this to resolve it self but it doesnt. Holding the power button and soft rebooting works though.
    08-11-2012 06:35 PM
    I had something happen last night, I unplugged my white L900 from the charger and it started acting up. Like when I flipped up to get to the start screen the wallpaper froze and then slowly opened. When I finally got to the start screen, everything ran seriously slow, or was unresponsive. A reboot fixed the problem. This was the first time it did that though and I have had this phone since launch.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    08-11-2012 08:59 PM
    I had an earlier Lumia 900 that crashed all the time. But since i replaced it with another 900, i have had no crashed and I've owned the phone since right before release (i pre ordered and the gave it to me the friday before release date)
    08-16-2012 02:53 PM
    My Lumia 900 never crashed. It did lock once but I blame the beta code for Pandora and since I removed it, it hasn't done it since. But I will say as with all Microsoft products, they are very dependent on GOOD memory. If you have any issues with memory, the OS will show it. I'd return that device if it were me because these phones are not prone to that kind of failure.
    08-16-2012 09:51 PM
    The only crashes I've gotten were from Gluey and Baconit.
    08-17-2012 01:44 PM
    YES......I have had my Nokia Lumina for 3 months now, and although the operating system is so much better in my opinion than Android and especially Apple, mine crashes ALL THE TIME and requires a battery pull. But I read today about what button combination makes a hard reset..

What do I mean by all the time? once or twice a day.

It seems to happen radomly at times, but usually when I try to do too much....i.e. using GPS in the car, verbally texting through the car, then getting a call or an email sets it over the edge. But also I have had a lot of other issues....not getting texts....not getting images to of from in SMS and people receiving partial texts at the other end.

Bizzarre.
    05-03-2013 05:41 PM
    Nope. Have mine since last June
    Sent from my cyan Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express
    05-04-2013 06:14 PM
    Not even once....
    05-04-2013 07:49 PM
    Used to have many crashes with my Focus. Though I think that was more hardware related than software. My 820 has crashed a few times.
    05-04-2013 07:56 PM
    Used to have many crashes with my Focus. Though I think that was more hardware related than software. My 820 has crashed a few times.
    Same, my focus had ttons of crashing happen. My Lumia 920 hadn't crashed once.
    05-04-2013 08:00 PM
    It seems to happen radomly at times, but usually when I try to do too much....i.e. using GPS in the car, verbally texting through the car, then getting a call or an email sets it over the edge. But also I have had a lot of other issues....not getting texts....not getting images to of from in SMS and people receiving partial texts at the other end.

Bizzarre.
    About people receiving partial texts, do these people have iPhones?
    05-05-2013 06:54 PM
    Only crashes I've had have been because of words with friends, both on mu 822 and 8x. Other than that they have been rock solid.
    05-05-2013 07:18 PM
    Had Lumia 810 and didn't recall crash. Got a Lumia 1020 for 2 weeks and crashed at least 3 times. The first two times were just not able to launch app. Power button can be used for reboot. Minutes ago, the hang was really bad that nothing responds. After holding all the keys, it still not reboot. Then I throw the phone on bed. After minutes later, it rebooted. This is the first time I have a uni-body Lumia. This is pretty frustrating as I could not remove the battery to force it reboot. A WP fan but really frustrated.
    10-17-2013 07:19 AM
    I had a an HTC X8 (or S8) and it crashed on average once a day.
    Now a I have a Samsung ATIV S and it crashes on average once a day
    My colleague also bought a Samsung Ativ S and it crashes once a day on average
    (this reminds me of the lyrics of "Everything Dies" by Type O Negative :-) )
    11-14-2013 06:38 AM
    Have my L920 for about a year now and never had a crash...
    11-14-2013 07:17 AM
    Have an 820 (since Feb) & 1020 (since Aug) total 2-3 crashes ever (needing soft reset). My wife has a 920 (since Feb) & 1020 (Since July) 1-2 crashes (needing a soft reset). Before that we had HTC Titan II's with no crashes. No hard resets ever needed on any of them.
    11-14-2013 07:25 AM
    I've had the Lumia for about 4 days now and so far have had 2 debilitating crashes that forced me to hold down random combination of keys, as if this were an android, to get it to even turn off. Both times I've been met with a phone that neither turns off with the normal press and hold of the power button nor responds to any key presses. About 3-5 minutes later of persistent key pressing, I'm greeted with a reboot. This last time I at least know that it (seemed) to occur while I was using the WP central app, so now I just need to replicate the problem to see if the issue is indeed the app.

Has anyone else had their phone freeze? Slightly frustrating.. The bugginess is making itself apparent little by little.
    I have lumia 920 for the past one year and it hasn't crashed even once. And i am a very heavy user ! My old lumia 610 which i have been using from october 2012 has only crashed once.
    11-14-2013 07:51 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD