Do Windows Phones crash this much?

alias3800

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I've had the Lumia for about 4 days now and so far have had 2 debilitating crashes that forced me to hold down random combination of keys, as if this were an android, to get it to even turn off. Both times I've been met with a phone that neither turns off with the normal press and hold of the power button nor responds to any key presses. About 3-5 minutes later of persistent key pressing, I'm greeted with a reboot. This last time I at least know that it (seemed) to occur while I was using the WP central app, so now I just need to replicate the problem to see if the issue is indeed the app.

Has anyone else had their phone freeze? Slightly frustrating.. The bugginess is making itself apparent little by little.

FrankieA

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I've had the Lumia for about 4 days now and so far have had 2 debilitating crashes that forced me to hold down random combination of keys, as if this were an android, to get it to even turn off. Both times I've been met with a phone that neither turns off with the normal press and hold of the power button nor responds to any key presses. About 3-5 minutes later of persistent key pressing, I'm greeted with a reboot. This last time I at least know that it (seemed) to occur while I was using the WP central app, so now I just need to replicate the problem to see if the issue is indeed the app.

Has anyone else had their phone freeze? Slightly frustrating.. The bugginess is making itself apparent little by little.
What other apps do you have installed?

I've been using a Windows Phone from day one till now (Samsung Focus, HTC Titan, and now Lumia 900), and I can tell you that "crashes" are an extremely rare occurrence. In fact, I can't remember the last time my phone crashed. My Lumia 900 definitely hasn't crashed yet.

dbgman

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I are on our second windows phones and tell you crashing is a very rare occurrence. My now has the lumia 900 since we preordered it and has not crashed yet. Sometimes apps will hang if they cannot get the data but hitting the windows button always take care of it.

Sent from my Htc Titan using Board Express

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine has frozen up once in the week I've had it, after the update. I had my Lumia 800 for about 5 or 6 months, and it probably froze up all of twice total. Let's hope my 900 is just as reliable and that initial freeze was just a one-off.

Welve

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I have had my HD7 Windows Phone for a year and a half, I have never had to pull the battery...I would see about getting a new device!

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
haven't had the phone crash but before the update to fix data i had app crashes, flight sim game, and angry birds however since Friday i have had no crashes what so everf.

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Have had an LG Optimus 7 since last September, only got some app crashes (which are promptly uninstalled) and some random reboots which stopped happening since the last firmware update.

Rock solid overall, I usually go weeks with turning it off.

You probably a got a defective device, if it keeps doing it, replace it.

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
Not a crash per se, but I've had a few problems with the Marketplace and XBox Live.

Marketplace: one time it wouldn't open, I'd tap it to open it, it would animate like it was opening and then the start menu tiles would animate right back into place. Solved with soft reset.

XBox Live: Shuffle Party wouldn't open. I'd tap it to open it, it would animate like it was opening and then XBox Live would animate back into place. Solved with soft reset.

These things happened on my Arrive from time to time as well. Maybe once every two weeks. Which is preferable to the daily/hourly soft resets that I had to perform with my Evo 4G.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
i can count on one hand how many times i've had any of my windows phones (focus, focus s, l900) crash on me since i've had them.

some apps may crash but the OS has locked up maybe 3 times ever.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro