Do Windows Phones crash this much?

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I've had the Lumia for about 4 days now and so far have had 2 debilitating crashes that forced me to hold down random combination of keys, as if this were an android, to get it to even turn off. Both times I've been met with a phone that neither turns off with the normal press and hold of the power button nor responds to any key presses. About 3-5 minutes later of persistent key pressing, I'm greeted with a reboot. This last time I at least know that it (seemed) to occur while I was using the WP central app, so now I just need to replicate the problem to see if the issue is indeed the app.

Has anyone else had their phone freeze? Slightly frustrating.. The bugginess is making itself apparent little by little.

My WP has never "crashed" or reset; it has frozen 2 or 3 times in 8 months, and in each case I just pulled the battery and was back up immediately.
BTW, I have a 36.9-GB install on my Focus.

anon(5329380)

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
My WPCentral app crashes all the time on my HTC Titan. It crashes when it tries to f3etch data from the server when the startscreen is visible. I never get to see the actual app. I have the paid version of the WPCentral app and I've been using it for a year now. Other apps don't crash though...

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone find it odd that this person says his windows phone crashers all the time than you never hear from the person again..

I do believe this was not a real person.

zonker1

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone find it odd that this person says his windows phone crashers all the time than you never hear from the person again..

I do believe this was not a real person.

Maybe that was not a real person. Or maybe he was like me. I got so fed up with all of the issues with my lumia 900s(yes I went through multiple lumias before I gave up) that I left the platform and returned to android.

ppoteet

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the capacitive buttons issue when I use headphones or listen to music on it. I becomes unresponsive for a day, then a day or so of the capacitive buttons acting up (with bing and voice command popping up), then they start to respond, except for the back button. After about 4 days it comes out of it.
This is my second L900 with the same issues.

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Did, you try the app "Stop the music" ?

It removes the player controls from the volume bar and maybe it relates to Your issue as well...

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

ppoteet

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Did, you try the app "Stop the music" ?

It removes the player controls from the volume bar and maybe it relates to Your issue as well...

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
I have been using it, but yesterday, my phone got sick before I could even get to the app command on the home screen.

Neofire

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a white 900, purchased a week after they were available. My phone definitely freezes and alot. When putting head phones in it locks up, and the issue I deal with the most is random unresponsive display. About 2 times a week my phone just goes unresponsive. I still receive notifications, and I can even make the wallpaper bounce with the power buttom. I have waited over a hour for this to resolve it self but it doesnt. Holding the power button and soft rebooting works though.

Kredrian

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I had something happen last night, I unplugged my white L900 from the charger and it started acting up. Like when I flipped up to get to the start screen the wallpaper froze and then slowly opened. When I finally got to the start screen, everything ran seriously slow, or was unresponsive. A reboot fixed the problem. This was the first time it did that though and I have had this phone since launch.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Oldmajor

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I had an earlier Lumia 900 that crashed all the time. But since i replaced it with another 900, i have had no crashed and I've owned the phone since right before release (i pre ordered and the gave it to me the friday before release date)

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
My Lumia 900 never crashed. It did lock once but I blame the beta code for Pandora and since I removed it, it hasn't done it since. But I will say as with all Microsoft products, they are very dependent on GOOD memory. If you have any issues with memory, the OS will show it. I'd return that device if it were me because these phones are not prone to that kind of failure.

Eric Whiting

May 3, 2013
Visit site
YES......I have had my Nokia Lumina for 3 months now, and although the operating system is so much better in my opinion than Android and especially Apple, mine crashes ALL THE TIME and requires a battery pull. But I read today about what button combination makes a hard reset..

What do I mean by all the time? once or twice a day.

It seems to happen radomly at times, but usually when I try to do too much....i.e. using GPS in the car, verbally texting through the car, then getting a call or an email sets it over the edge. But also I have had a lot of other issues....not getting texts....not getting images to of from in SMS and people receiving partial texts at the other end.

Bizzarre.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Used to have many crashes with my Focus. Though I think that was more hardware related than software. My 820 has crashed a few times.

akar33

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
It seems to happen radomly at times, but usually when I try to do too much....i.e. using GPS in the car, verbally texting through the car, then getting a call or an email sets it over the edge. But also I have had a lot of other issues....not getting texts....not getting images to of from in SMS and people receiving partial texts at the other end.

Bizzarre.
About people receiving partial texts, do these people have iPhones?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa