"Lumia is the new Iphone"

toyotast165

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
link is dead, but I'm not sure how to take that. Can the iPhone be considered cool anymore? Every grandparent I know has one, every middle aged house wife, its like the modern day razor. Every day since black Friday I have gotten countless compliments on the 900. Its a great phone and its not the iPhone.

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
yup!

I wish people would stop talking about iphone killers. To kill the iphone you need to take iphone on at all levels. In store service, customer care, build quality, app quality, etc etc and have someone who can be a visible driver of the whole experience. I doubt Elop uses a lumia 900.

There is never going to be an iphone killer per se.

What Windows/Nokia need to do is design and develop a game changer. Once you have designed and developed a game changer, then you will have the rest of the market playing catch up.

Right now MS/Nokia are playing catch up.

Lets just support the Nokia Lumia 900 as best we can and get that valuable market share! I don't want a smart phone market with only 2 OS to choose from.

iphone4convert

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
We are pioneers...just like when I purchased all those Apple products years ago when the boring ole Intel and Microsoft "ruled the roost". Apple was different (remember the slogan "Think Different") and it was very cool. It set we Apple fans apart from the crowd - it said something about us; we don't need no stinkin' rules. Now, Apple has become the gray flannel suits and Windows Phone the one that sets us apart. We are now the cool ones! Who wants to conform to all those suits riding on the train with newspapers tucked under thier arms carrying iPhones with those silly bluetooth devices sticking out of their ears. It's the Lumia revolution, man. It's a groovy device.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Man, I'm so tempted to just pick up the phone and order a Lumia 800 in Cyan. I don't think I can wait for the L900, let alone Windows Phone 8!

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
We are pioneers...just like when I purchased all those Apple products years ago when the boring ole Intel and Microsoft "ruled the roost". Apple was different (remember the slogan "Think Different") and it was very cool. It set we Apple fans apart from the crowd - it said something about us; we don't need no stinkin' rules. Now, Apple has become the gray flannel suits and Windows Phone the one that sets us apart. We are now the cool ones! Who wants to conform to all those suits riding on the train with newspapers tucked under thier arms carrying iPhones with those silly bluetooth devices sticking out of their ears. It's the Lumia revolution, man. It's a groovy device.

I love what you wrote and totally agree. I would like you to leave my flannel suit out of this conversation though.

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site

You make it sound like we are hipsters. :) ;)

Sridhar V

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I was reading this article on Cnet and it almost mirrored what I saw at a couple of stores in N. VA and DC.

I walked into a couple of stores to swap my phone (out of stock issues!!) and absolutely none of the reps were even showing anybody a lumia. In fact nobody was looking at the models. There were ppl trying to buy phones, first time smartphone users included, and discussions were around Android or iPhone. At one store in downtown DC, a lady came in to return the Lumia and rep was telling her "oh you are returning because of the number of apps..yeah I know that sucks. I would suggest go with an iPhone or Android!!". He was standing right below a huge Lumia 900 poster and talking this and I was wondering is this really the push that ATT promised??

dameon_03

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I was reading this article on Cnet and it almost mirrored what I saw at a couple of stores in N. VA and DC.

I walked into a couple of stores to swap my phone (out of stock issues!!) and absolutely none of the reps were even showing anybody a lumia. In fact nobody was looking at the models. There were ppl trying to buy phones, first time smartphone users included, and discussions were around Android or iPhone. At one store in downtown DC, a lady came in to return the Lumia and rep was telling her "oh you are returning because of the number of apps..yeah I know that sucks. I would suggest go with an iPhone or Android!!". He was standing right below a huge Lumia 900 poster and talking this and I was wondering is this really the push that ATT promised??

the store i went into was different. atleast the rep i talked with tried to get be to buy the lumia. i didnt have the money to get it just wanted to see it in person as well as the titan II and at least he was knowledgeable on the lumia. he kept trying to get me to buy but i have to wait a couple of weeks. he also said he didnt know if they were getting a white one but i believe it was said in late april the white ones will come out. could be wrong

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster