So I haven't looked until I went into a meeting just now. Is there a quick silence for the Lumia or WP7 in general? Do I really have to go into settings to turn off the ringer every time?

Can I add it to the home screen with an app like I have done with wifi on/off toggle?
    04-16-2012 09:39 AM
    Tap the volume key. Tap Ring&Vibrate. Done.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-16-2012 09:45 AM
    So I haven't looked until I went into a meeting just now. Is there a quick silence for the Lumia or WP7 in general? Do I really have to go into settings to turn off the ringer every time?

Can I add it to the home screen with an app like I have done with wifi on/off toggle?
    If you tap the 'volume' rocker, a menu will pop down from the top. Press the little circle in the top right hand corner to make it say 'Vibrate'.

Even though there is volume still being displayed, your phone won't ring or alert on text/email/phone call notifications. The only thing NOT affected by that is any REMINDERS you have set. Those always go off of the phone volume level.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-16-2012 09:45 AM
    Ah, I didn't know that little indicator on the right side was selectable. WPC forums are awesome! Thanks guys.
    04-16-2012 09:52 AM
    You don't even need to swipe up on the lock screen. Just turn it on and then hit the volume rocker and tap the ring-vibrate button.
    04-16-2012 09:57 AM
    I'm wondering if anyone knows of a Live Tile app that includes access to ringtones+sounds. While the volume rocker switch is nice, it's too limited. I don't EVER want Ring & Vibrate at the same time, and I rarely want the phone completely silent, so to SWITCH between Ringer On and Vibrate On, you have to go into Settings. That's EIGHT touches to get from the Home screen to the rigntones+sounds screen, turn off the ringer and turn on vibrate (or vice versa), and get back to Home. That's ridiculous. Doing it several times a day is very irritating.

Don't get me wrong. I love Windows Phone. I'm on my second. But this particular task is never going to win any Smoked by Windows Phone challenge.

Anybody know a better way?
    06-26-2012 07:52 PM
    Sheesh I use the ring vibrate feature all the time while I am in and out of Court on the landline talking with clients in the office. It's easy and second nature if you'll just use it. Its much simpler than than the 8 tap scenario you set forth I wouldnt do that either.
    06-27-2012 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD