Battery not charging to 100%

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this is a glitch, bug, or what, but the batter never goes past 99% when charging. The battery animation on the top right also keeps showing that it's charging. On my Lumia 800 the charging animation would turn into a static icon to show that the battery was 100% charged. Also the battery indicator would read "100%."

The battery life seems to be fine, so this is no big deal to me, but I find it a bit strange, especially knowing that my other Lumia device does reach 100%. Does anybody else have this issue?

raruhs

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,
I have seen that too. I usually charge it overnight and what it seems to be happening is that while the phone reach 100% it stops charging and start to discharge, even it is connected. It is just my appreciation of what could be happening.

Maybe it is a bug at the charging management, but I do not how to test to see if this is what it is really happening.

Regards,

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. The next time I charge I'll try both suggestions and report back. Good to know its not a defect in my handset. Perhaps a future update will address this.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
This is a known issue .. it wont charge to 100% if wifi is ON .. turn wifi off
Not all Lumia devices? I was on wifi when I was charging my device. I did however update my device right out the box when I got home, so maybe it was fixed in the latest update?

mayoo

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for my wording .. i meant its a known issue on mine and i saw many complaining.. i dont know if Nokia knows about this ..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa