1st hard reset

eggdrop

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Just had to perform my 1st hard reset on WP7. I've had the 900 since preorder release and have seen some bugs here and there. This was the worst. I had my headphones plugged in listening to a local Spotify playlists. A call came in and I answered it with tue headset button. Call came in and spoke for about 10 minutes. Ended the call with the button and the music continued. Used the button again to pause the music and when I looked at the screen there was a question mark on the battery indicator. Tried unlocking the screen and it did not respond to touch input. I could not do anything. Had to long press the power button to get it off and on again. When it turned back on I had no data. Powered off again and now things are back to normal. Getting frustrated as I never had any if these issues with my Focus *** this seems like hardware or firmware issues. Hopefully all this gets cleared up soon.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

davep1982

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Just had my first hard reset as well. Was checking the "what's new" page under the people tile and it froze.

Also, I've noticed if I hit home while on a web page then go back into internet explorer the browser will refresh the desktop version of the site instead of the mobile version I was previously viewing.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Just had to perform my 1st hard reset on WP7. I've had the 900 since preorder release and have seen some bugs here and there. This was the worst. I had my headphones plugged in listening to a local Spotify playlists. A call came in and I answered it with tue headset button. Call came in and spoke for about 10 minutes. Ended the call with the button and the music continued. Used the button again to pause the music and when I looked at the screen there was a question mark on the battery indicator. Tried unlocking the screen and it did not respond to touch input. I could not do anything. Had to long press the power button to get it off and on again. When it turned back on I had no data. Powered off again and now things are back to normal. Getting frustrated as I never had any if these issues with my Focus *** this seems like hardware or firmware issues. Hopefully all this gets cleared up soon.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

This same thing happened to me after a phone call two days ago. That was the first time it happened (never happened before the update).

Sounds like you actually didn't do a hard reset though, just a reboot. A hard reset would entail restoring to factory settings and losing all data.

I really hope this is just a software glitch that can get corrected with an update, and not a hardware issue. It never happened on my Lumia 800.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Same issue... question mark on battery icon after disconnected from phone call. I was using bluetooth btw. Screen is unresponsive... I too had to hold down the power button untill it turned off. It would not immediately power on, but after a minute or two all things were fine...

I will say that my focus was extremely solid...

SuperGrafx

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Did my first reboot this evening as well.
Was playing the Xbox Live game "Breeze"
Made it through a few levels and suddenly the game froze (music still played, and the 'back' / 'windows' / 'search' buttons would buzz when touching them). I held down the power button for like 30 seconds and nothing. Then all the sound and button response stopped. I had to pop out my sim card and reset the phone that way...everything appears to be ok, but that kind of concerned me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos