Nokia Lumia 900 Good and Bad

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
I think I can speak for everyone when I say it's alright to voice concerns/issues/suggestions/etc, but there are already threads and areas of the forums where this can be done. Do we really need 235345786 threads all talking about the same thing?

I remember hopping on the site to find different threads about different topics, not a flood of threads all talking about the same thing.

I'm looking at the main forum list now and I don't see anyone talking about the same thing, unless you're grouping any and all problems under a single category. I see two posts about a rattling noise, but everything else looks to be a different topic.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
There are in fact quite a few threads talking about what they dislike. They might not be titled as such, but there are plenty out there.

One thing I wish people would consider it that WP7 phones aren't trying to be iOS or Androids. They have a different way of doing many things although some little features are missing. I've only been on WP7 for a couple weeks. Although there are some things that need more attention, the more and more I use it, i find little easter eggs that explain why they chose to go the route they did and sometime it ends up being better in my opinion. Humans are creatures of habit. So if you've owned an iphone or an android for the past few years AND aren't really good with change, then there might be a few things that are undocumented that you may not like. WP7 phones have many of the basics covered when it comes to obtaining information from different sources all into one general area. In my opinion, I think the WP7 mail is one of the best STOCK email clients out there. That just my opinion though.

I like the fact that people from different OS are at least trying it out. If they don't like it and it didn't keep their attention, then that's cool. Not everyone has to like everything new. But no one could honestly say that WP7 is horrible. Especially when you consider the hardware they had to work with. I think other OS developers will wake up a tad when Apollo phones come out. Like others, they will pick and choose the good things from the Metro UI and copy it. Maybe even make it better. But that competition for you. I'm just glad that we all get to benefit from each of the companies being competitors.

Last edited:

Jarism

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Gmail not syncing

I had an issue with my Gmail not syncing with the Lumia 900. I tried waiting several hours like some had suggested but didn't want to set it up as a POP or IMAP.
Note: I did not have 2-step verification enabled on my Gmail account so that wasn't the issue either.

I eventually decided to open up the IE broswer on my Lumia to login directly to the gmail mobile Web site. I signed in without any issue.

As soon as I exited out of the IE mobile browser, my Gmail was syncing and has been fine ever since.

I am not sure how that fixed it, but it did. A friend of mine was having the same issue and tried this fix and it worked for him.

If you have the issue and try this, let me know it it works.

Jeff Kibuule

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I had an issue with my Gmail not syncing with the Lumia 900. I tried waiting several hours like some had suggested but didn't want to set it up as a POP or IMAP.
Note: I did not have 2-step verification enabled on my Gmail account so that wasn't the issue either.

I eventually decided to open up the IE broswer on my Lumia to login directly to the gmail mobile Web site. I signed in without any issue.

As soon as I exited out of the IE mobile browser, my Gmail was syncing and has been fine ever since.

I am not sure how that fixed it, but it did. A friend of mine was having the same issue and tried this fix and it worked for him.

Gmail itself is having a bit of a kerfuffle right now: Gmail down for some users around the world | The Verge

aptedern

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
cannot have two mobile numbers for one contact

Some of my friends have two cellphones, one personal and one from work. Sometimes I text one first and sometimes I text on second number. In Lumia, there is no way you can add two mobile numbers. When I open messages, I can send sms to only one number which has been stored as mobile tag. Like other handsets, user should be able to choose which number it want to send sms to.

It sucks.

Last edited:

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Some of my friends have two cellphones, one personal and one from work. Sometimes I text one first and sometimes I text on second number. In Lumia, there is no way you can add two mobile numbers. When I open messages, I can send sms to only one number which has been stored as mobile tag. Like other handsets, user should be able to choose which number it want to send sms to.

It sucks.

I believe there is a way to link different phone numbers to one person even if both are mobile. im not sure, but i heard this predicament before. i'll try it myself.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. Do you also know how to share contact information in Lumia?

Thanks.

i think they went really basic with that function and could have made it a little more advanced. go to there contact info in the people hub and long press their number. they should have incorporated a full contact share instead of a single aspect contact share. unless i missed something. Dave Blake, help me out!

petroll

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Good:
Great OS
superb exterior design and feel

Bad:
Buggy (screen flashes, no data for a week)
Ringtones are way too loud even at lowest volume
Poor camera, despite a big deal made of the carl zeiss optics

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
lol wut? Are you serious? That's OS 101 right there.

You are obviously not contributing anything to the forum besides trolling. ANYONE that has been interested in WP7 and researched the OS KNEW this problem and since November of last year, people on this forum have addressed this issue as something they would like to see changed. Dismiss yourself

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Also, reading about the issue with only being able to save one mobile number. While that sucks, if you go into your text conversation and hit the two arrows, you can use alternate numbers to text

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Good:

- WP7 OS UI is attractive, fluid, very clear and easy to read.
- Phone is very well made, durable, attractive and unique looking
- SuperAMOLED+ screen is beautiful
- Performance is excellent, speedy in general
- Battery life is good
- Call quality, reception is very good
- Speaker sound quality is excellent
- Nokia's support so far has been absolutely first rate

Bad:

- Multitasking could be better, some apps restart instead of resume.
- Color coded notification light would be great.
- Some popular apps/games not available yet.
- Unibody is so sexy that it's difficult not to fondle it inappropriately.

lumia_steve

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I wish I knew how to shut off the very short-duration vibrate every single time you tap the back button. Seems like that would unnecessarily use battery power.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Trying to clean up the forum is stupid and I am not understanding it. Different issues for different things. If you want to search for an issue you have you have to search and won't find a solution!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site

why is this post here?

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
People are so spoiled by small features of iOS and Android is sounds. I am so used to windows phone, none of these things bother me, but going away from 4g, live tiles, skydrive, zune pass, and the lumia design would stink!

Pros and Cons people... WP is an OS that has intangibles that grow on you, it is hard to explain!

I couldn't have said it better myself!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99