As we all know scrolling is slow (smooth but slow) on the 900 by default settings. Is there any way to change this in the settings to speed it up to, say, the nice snappy scrolling of the Samsung Focus?
    Thanks.
    04-16-2012 05:49 PM
    It doesn't appear Nokia has implemented inertial scrolling so we are stuck at the same speed.
    04-16-2012 05:51 PM
    No I don't believe there is. I wouldn't classify the scrolling as "slow" either. It's just not as fast as some of the other devices, I personally am pleased with it. I do agree however that there should be a way to adjust the speed.
    04-16-2012 05:53 PM
    If there was a way to automatically scroll to the top of any page, like in iOS, that would be lovely.
    Mengels7 likes this.
    04-16-2012 06:08 PM
    I drink a lot of coffee. I could really do with the option to speed it up a touch :)
    04-16-2012 08:17 PM
    since the update mines seem to scroll faster than it did.
    04-16-2012 08:22 PM
    Coming from the Focus S, I wish the scrolling was fast too. I still have mine sitting around here, and everytime I scroll it makes me wish the 900 was like this.

I also ditto the sentiment about auto scrolling to the top, especially lists and such. A few of the twitter apps support this, I would love to see it be system-wide in wp7.
    04-16-2012 09:06 PM
    Yes. When you scroll up the screen with your thumb, you immediately pull your entire hand down. =]

Seriously though I hope we can adjust the scroll speed as well
    04-17-2012 07:47 AM
    If there was a way to automatically scroll to the top of any page, like in iOS, that would be lovely.
    Simply press the Windows button. Wallah. :)
    04-17-2012 07:57 AM
    To be honest, I trimmed down my right thumbnail so I'd be able to scroll better on this phone (my right thumb is my main scrolling digit, I use it 99% of the time). Scrolling is easier and I'm also much better at Shuffle Party.
    04-17-2012 09:06 AM
    I put a screen protector on my lumia and it seemed to fix the problem. The glass screen doesn't feel as smooth as my HD7. The screen protector on the lumia fixed all my problems with scrolling except for 3rd party apps. (that part is a joke for how bad it is)
    04-17-2012 09:35 AM
    Simply press the Windows button. Wallah. :)
    I'm talking about in apps, IE, etc
    04-17-2012 11:25 AM
    Really need an instant scroll to top.
    04-24-2012 07:26 PM
    I don't think this is setting Nokia did on purpose. I think there is a lag issue on the phone. The more I use it the more I see lag while doing certain tasks that I don't see on my other WP devices.
    04-24-2012 07:29 PM
    No lag here, except when using Board Express. But that's no surprise.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-24-2012 07:52 PM
    Whenever I enter my pin to unlock my 900 there seems to be a slight lag between me pressing the first number and the phone's response.

The 900's scroll isn't as fast as the S but that hasn't bothered me yet.
    04-24-2012 09:15 PM
    I didn't notice any scrolling problems on the demo unit at AT&T.
    04-24-2012 10:13 PM
    I didn't notice any scrolling problems on the demo unit at AT&T.
    There's no problem with the scrolling per say. The concern that I had with the demo unit in at&t store as well as the one my co worker has, is that the scrolling isn't as sensitive - there's a delay I immediately noticed from when I flick my thumb (fast or slow) to scroll.

I have a first-gen Samsung Focus and that phone is fast as far as touch sensitivity goes. There's no delay, it's responsive, and also accurate. I didn't really test the **** out of the 900 in the store but having own a Focus, there wasn't really much to test other than the hardware (Nokia exclusive apps aren't that big of a deal to me). The screen is great, but again, coming from a Focus, I can't say the screen is any better or worse.

Hope it can be fixed via software satisfaction of everyone who's bothered by it. That would be disappointing if the 900's touch sensitivity was due to hardware. The 900 is a beautiful piece of design hardware, but I think Nokia can continue to evolve and design better. So for now, I'll be holding on to my Focus.
    04-24-2012 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD