A few questions

epwv82

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to turn off getting alerts when someone sends you a message on facebook? Its coming in just like text message, but I don't want to be alerted. Also, how the heck do you even use facebook? I can't figure out how to tag people in photos, tag people in posts, etc. I know it sounds petty, but I volunteer with an animal rescue and we3 do a lot of communicating and showing anmals we currently have for adoption, via facebook, and I have to tag people in the photos and statuses. Facebook on this phone is not nearly as easy as on my iphone.

epwv82

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
awesome, thank you. Also, on the actual facebook app, or even the integrated facebook on the phone, is there no way to search? Like if I wanted to search for a person I'm not friends with, or a page that I want to see, there is no search function, that I can see.

epwv82

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
And, when I google answers to these questions, it says that you can post from the "Me" tile, but I don't have a "Me" tile. Anywhere.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
awesome, thank you. Also, on the actual facebook app, or even the integrated facebook on the phone, is there no way to search? Like if I wanted to search for a person I'm not friends with, or a page that I want to see, there is no search function, that I can see.

On Facebook intergraded app, click friends, swipe left for everyone, then type your friend name..

Sent from my Lumia 900 Cyan using Board Express

epwv82

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
What about people or pages I'm not friends with?There doesn't seem to be a search function on either the integrated facebook or the app where I can type in something to see if they have a facebook page

vadirtyr

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
What about people or pages I'm not friends with?There doesn't seem to be a search function on either the integrated facebook or the app where I can type in something to see if they have a facebook page
From the actual facebook app go to friends, hit the search icon on the bottom of the page. If you swipe over to Everyone you can do that search. The Me tile probably is a live tile with your facebook profile picture or something like that.

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
And, when I google answers to these questions, it says that you can post from the "Me" tile, but I don't have a "Me" tile. Anywhere.

To pin a "Me" tile to your Start Menu, go to the People Hub and tap on your profile picture. This will take you to your Me tile, and there should be an icon at the bottom of the screen to pin it to your start menu.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss