ESPN by Nokia or ESPN ScoreCenter?

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Which one is everyone using? Which one do you prefer and why?

I guess for news, the Nokia one seems a lot better.

Aside from that, the ScoreCenter app is still my preferred app.

0mie

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I prefer ScoreCenter because I can login to myESPN and import all my teams and settings, with ESPN by NOKIA seems to be missing a lot of simple features.

I thought there was some optimized stuff only available on the ESPN by NOKIA and I don't seem to see anything different.

blends

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I agree. It seems like the Nokia version is a little slower when updating whether on faux G or WiFi. The load times don't bother me and it is justified due to the wealth of info that is presented once it finally loads. I use the scorecenter app when I just want scores ad the Nokia app when I want the days sports news.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I agree. It seems like the Nokia version is a little slower when updating whether on faux G or WiFi. The load times don't bother me and it is justified due to the wealth of info that is presented once it finally loads. I use the scorecenter app when I just want scores ad the Nokia app when I want the days sports news.

Yeah... I have them side by side on the start screen... Saw my NHL news through the Nokia app.

#GoRangers

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Just checked it out and the UI is ummm ugly and it's just a transport for the ESPN mobile website. Nothing that you can't get from the ScoreCenter app, except well pinning favorite teams to the main screen.
When I saw a list of them for all sports, figured it might be just that.

Had for the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB and I think Golf.

chsoriano

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Pro Sports Scores is not as visually appealing as the Baseball Pro '12 or Football Pro '12 etc. but it does have a pretty cool Live Tile for games that update pretty frequently (has to be enabled in settings).

I usually use ScoreMobile but it doesn't allow live tiles for individual games.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I personally like score enter because it shows my teams. On the ESPN version it shows Lakers, yankes red sox and rays... Where are my Mariners and most of the time they play on the west coast are one of the last games being played!!! Scorecenter and ESPN should merge the app and take the best of both. Myespn should be incorporated into espn

hwalker84

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I prefer ScoreCenter because I can login to myESPN and import all my teams and settings, with ESPN by NOKIA seems to be missing a lot of simple features.

I thought there was some optimized stuff only available on the ESPN by NOKIA and I don't seem to see anything different.

Two things lacking in the Nokia ESPN app

1.) Ability to login to your myESPN
2.) The app has to reload news and scores anytime you click on something and go back

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I have to use both because Nokia's ESPN only includes the English Premier League, Spanish La Liga, and MLS. I'm a die hard Bayern Munich fan so I need me some Bundesliga!

trandz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
can someone help on sports center it takes me to the settings page where I login and then I see my sports and teams. I don't see anywhere where can actually view the scores like on Android

mdelacoma

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else having issues with the Nokia version right now? My scores are not updating. I can see the matchups for MLB showing the date and start time but no score for games that are nearly over at this time. Others websites/apps are working fine.

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Anybody else having issues with the Nokia version right now? My scores are not updating. I can see the matchups for MLB showing the date and start time but no score for games that are nearly over at this time. Others websites/apps are working fine.
Yes, my scores are also not updating. Interesting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon