Why black might be the best choice

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Having a hard time deciding between cyan and black? Or waiting for white? If you plan on using the skin tight gel case anyway, get a black one to be safe. Then you can put on any color case and it looks good in my opinion because you're only dealing with two color tones. My wife has a cyan and she put on the magenta cover and it looks like a clown threw up now because the blue shows through here and there and it's like shes talking on a piece of cotton candy. As tight as the case is the underneath color still shows all along the screen edge till before the cover starts. It also shows in the long wide speaker grille down below. The magenta on black though looks awesome as I'm sure the blue would because the screen is black and it continues as black till it hits the cover. The white of course I don't know, but I imagine it might be similar to the cyan/magenta mix since there are three colors in play (black screen then white border then colored gel case though black on white might look good). Anyway here are some photos just to help some of you out. I'd take one of the blue bumper on the black 900 but my sister-in-law already left for school. I can take one of the black on black too if you like but I don't see the point. I have two blues on order and can take more later.

Sorry I didn't try to take really nice photos, if you really want me to I'll get better light conditions. This was one of those in-between situations where it's inside the house near a bright window.

http://imgur.com/a/Tl1f3

PS - You can also choose any tile color and not have it "clash" with the cyan outer body.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Hence the reason I chose black.....and I still have a black case on it, but will switch it up soon when more colors come out. Like Ferrari Red lol.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Except I plan on putting the blue cover on the black. :) Then I can always change my mind later. That's mostly what I'm getting at, you won't be locked into your color choice. Black is "neutral ground".

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
i thought the same way as you but then it hit me....

if I am going to go for same black as always...i might as well go for the Titan 2

I though the exact same thing. Another black slab? Might as well get it with a 16mp camera.

A case? On a phone that looks this slick? For shame.

On a serious note, white will be just as neutral without being so bland.

I never use cases on phones myself.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'd normally agree with you and haven't had cases before, but the gel case is so tight and thin that it's basically as if you don't even have one. It also makes it less slippery. And if it adds a tiny bit of cushion for the drop I know is coming, then good.

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have any photos of their Lumia in the gel case or bumper? I'm sort of considering the bumper for some extra one handed grip.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Just a warning about the gel cases. I put one on my Nokia N9 when I ordered it back in October (comes with the phone), and by the time I removed it to sell the phone several months later it left a bit of a shiny film around the corners. It almost made it look discolored, since the rest of it was a matte black. It's almost as if it stripped that phone of its matte finish, leaving the edges and corners (where the gel case hugged the phone the most) shiny. I think this is because the case is so darn tight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion