08-22-2012 09:40 PM
35 12
tools
    Edge is so slow its barely tolerable. I hope you're not planning on doing anything more than texting, because the internet on Edge speeds is like AOL circa 1994.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Slow access is better than no access in my opinion. It works fine for txting, wordfeud and email syncing. Without this I had 1 - 2 bars are hardly usable 4G service. Constant errors and failing txts. Now I have a stable reliable slow connection.
    04-30-2012 08:15 AM
    Even with us Rogers we have only three options E, 3G, 4G and mine set to 4G and i see LTE on the Indicator ... So for rogers Lumia 900 4G = LTE ... ( Even though thats not theoretically correct )
    Really? I have never seen LTE in the indicator. I was in Toronto over the weekend, and all I ever saw was 3G and 4G.

Where I live (in the boondocks) there is no LTE service. Mainly the indicator shows 3G, but occasionally 4G.

I'm not really understanding what I see from the indicator.
    04-30-2012 08:57 AM
    How to toggle LTE on/off on your Nokia Lumia 900 ~ Nokia For Us

use this link just added toggle to my lumia 900 using these instructions. I turn off lte or 4g because using on straight talk so no way of ever getting the 4g(lte)

Enjoy:)
    05-01-2012 02:58 PM
    didnt see the previous post
    05-01-2012 03:01 PM
    So I just picked up a Lumia 900 and tried to do this hack to enable the radio selection. I did all of the updates first and then got into the field test screen but there is no ToggleENS(REBOOT) option in there. Am I missing something or did the updates remove this option? Any other way to disable LTE? I am about 40 miles from the closest LTE enabled area and would prefer to save battery.
    08-22-2012 07:20 AM
    So I just picked up a Lumia 900 and tried to do this hack to enable the radio selection. I did all of the updates first and then got into the field test screen but there is no ToggleENS(REBOOT) option in there. Am I missing something or did the updates remove this option? Any other way to disable LTE? I am about 40 miles from the closest LTE enabled area and would prefer to save battery.
    I enabled this feature pre-Tango, and its still there (in Settings). But I checked the Field Test screen yesterday and the Toggle ENS option is gone. You can probably thank AT&T for that.

See, AT&T does test updates before they are rolled out. Guess they caught wind of this one and squashed it.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    08-22-2012 09:33 AM
    I enabled this feature pre-Tango, and its still there (in Settings). But I checked the Field Test screen yesterday and the Toggle ENS option is gone. You can probably thank AT&T for that.

See, AT&T does test updates before they are rolled out. Guess they caught wind of this one and squashed it.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    Bastards! Hopefully someone finds another way. Loving the phone so far but the battery when I'm outside of wifi areas is pretty bad. I'm sure its constantly looking for a non-existant LTE signal
    08-22-2012 09:36 AM
    Same here, wasn't thinking to do it before I upgraded.
    08-22-2012 09:40 AM
    you can use the nokia care suite to downgrade your phone, do the hack and use zune to bring it back up to date. the setting will stay but toggleens will be gone. i have personally done this successfully. it does erase all data.
    08-22-2012 08:03 PM
    Update: my HD7 on Bell in Canada is now running 8773 and I still have this option, even though it does me no good since Bell was a CDMA network that switched to HSDA+ (3g) and therefore has no edge network.
    08-22-2012 09:40 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD