Nobody can hear me...

xaeryan

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
When I call anyone, they think I butt-dialed them because they can barely hear me. Volume is jacked to 10. Weird thing is, when I switch to speaker phone, they say I sound crystal clear (and in fact would never know I was on speakerphone).

So, I took the phone to ATT, and they did a factory reset (they didn't have any more in stock to exchange with at the time). To my surprise, I called a few people immediately afterward and they could hear me. Fixed, right? Well, the next day, it went back to nobody hearing me unless I turn on speakerphone.

Anyone else having similar issues?

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
People said I sounded like a robot at times but that's only in my apartment

Sent from my Le Lumia using Board Express

identity-x

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
When you have a problem like this, why wouldn't you exchange it?

"So, I took the phone to ATT, and they did a factory reset (they didn't have any more in stock to exchange with at the time). To my surprise, I called a few people immediately afterward and they could hear me. Fixed, right?"

bellyer1

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I have been having this problem, too, but it only happens sometimes. People either assume that I am on speakerphone or that I have a bad connection. When it occurs, it also sounds as though the person on the other end is speaking to me with my phone on speakerphone with the volume turned low. It is really odd. I have no idea what is going on with it. I have already exchanged my phone once for the memory management data problem. I feel like AT&T is going to get cranky if I go back and tell them I need another new phone because the audio is messed up.

Using my phone on actual speakerphone is perfect and, when using bluetooth, the audio is also perfect.

I love this phone, but I am wondering what else might possibly decide to go wrong with it. :dry

latempete

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Just don't hold the phone like that....

Actually, that is EXACTLY what I was doing when I first got the phone. No one could hear me. They all said I sounded muffled and couldn't discern what I was saying. I finally tried holding the phone differently. Instead of holding it against my ear I angled it to bring the mic closer to my mouth (and earpiece away from my ear) and they all could hear me fine. It took a little to get used to but works great. The earpiece is more than loud enough for me to still hear.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett