Talking on Phone but can't simultaneously access the rest of the phone

stuffwelike

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I had the Samsung Focus Windows Phone 7.5 and could make a call and continue to access the rest of the phones features such as going back to the home screen and searching for a new location on Maps. The phone call never dropped, it just kept going in the background.

I made a call on the Lumia 900 and I couldn't access the home screen. Every time I tried to the phone kept sending me to the voice recognition search. The back button wouldn't do anything. I could access the camera.

Is this a bug or did Nokia just not include this feature? Either way it's a common feature in other smart phones and I would have thought that the Lumia 900 would include it especially because my previous Windows Phone did.

Can anyone else access other features while talking on their phone?

Here's a video of what's going on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK9eBaGS6EI

Last edited:

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I can no problems. Voice recognition is what comes up when you hold down the home button. Are you sure you aren't accidentally holding it down?

stuffwelike

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
No I'm not holding it down.

I did some more testing. Right now the issue appears with a battery around 15% power.

I went ahead and plugged in the phone and the issue went away for the most part. I was able to go to the home screen. However the phone still locks up on me from time to time for example when I was on a call, phone was plugged in, and went web browsing. It then wouldn't let me get back home. It continues to think that I want to talk to the phone or won't do anything at all.

stuffwelike

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to be posting a video and show you exactly what's going on. I turned off the power saver and still had the issue. I'm charging up the phone all the way to see if the issue remains.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Sorry man, but this is a bug on probably just a few phones because I just tried this out. Had a full blown conversation and surfed the net while doing it. Maybe it is that power consumption thing. Maybe when my phone gets under 20 percent I'll try it.

Bye the way, I've yet to use the speaker phone on this thing until now...it's pretty good on both ends.

stuffwelike

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Interesting video. So have you tried a hard reset?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
@jimski I've shut off and turned the phone back on via the power button and the issue is still there. Is there another way to reset?

@cp2_4eva I did try this out on battery around 80-90% and it was more responsive. However After a while of going back and forth with the home key, search, and surfing the net the phone locked up again and I couldn't access home but I could still talk.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel