Battery from 91% to 72% in 2 hours, no use...

B00m79

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed this as well, but only when I've left WiFi on, but not connected to a network. For example, I had WiFi on at work yesterday, connected, and my battery was fine (60% or so). I forgot to turn WiFi off when I left. I went to dinner at a place that had a few different WiFi networks (and didn't connect to any of them, just saw they were available), only sent out a few texts during that time, and by the time I got home a few hours later my battery was critical.

My guess has been it has something to do with the WiFi, specifically searching for networks.

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed this as well, but only when I've left WiFi on, but not connected to a network. For example, I had WiFi on at work yesterday, connected, and my battery was fine (60% or so). I forgot to turn WiFi off when I left. I went to dinner at a place that had a few different WiFi networks (and didn't connect to any of them, just saw they were available), only sent out a few texts during that time, and by the time I got home a few hours later my battery was critical.

My guess has been it has something to do with the WiFi, specifically searching for networks.

WiFi turns off when the phone asleep and I have it set to not ask me to join new networks.

As for Nokia and MS support saying 10-12 hours on a charge with moderate use; I agree. But we aren't talking about moderate use here. The phone is literally sitting in front of me and I am not touch it and the battery is just going down at an unacceptable rate.

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Sort of off topic but anyway.

I'm home now and going to factory/hard reset. But where do I see all my apps in Zune on my computer?

Also, is factory reset the one in settings -> about -> reset?

Is there any restore with the Zune software?

Last edited:

kltye

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
"[...] 10 hours of use with a battery level of 90% left..."

I think they misunderstood your tweet. What they're saying is having 90% battery after 10 hours of use is normal (which I think is really optimistic!).

MrTimSmith

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
WiFi turns off when the phone asleep and I have it set to not ask me to join new networks.

As for Nokia and MS support saying 10-12 hours on a charge with moderate use; I agree. But we aren't talking about moderate use here. The phone is literally sitting in front of me and I am not touch it and the battery is just going down at an unacceptable rate.

Yeah mine drops off 8% an hour without me touching it. Jumps to 10-12% depending on how much I'm using it. Fortunately I have a charger at work, in my truck, in my living room and by my bed plus extras so I should be good no matter where I'm at. Sucks having to be like that though. Oh well, could be worse I guess.

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah mine drops off 8% an hour without me touching it. Jumps to 10-12% depending on how much I'm using it. Fortunately I have a charger at work, in my truck, in my living room and by my bed plus extras so I should be good no matter where I'm at. Sucks having to be like that though. Oh well, could be worse I guess.

Yea I have cables every where and chargers. But I still think something is wrong. I mean, the first time I am out some where and pull my phone out of my pocket after a few hours of not using it I will probably flip because then I'm not at work or home where I can just charge it. I will feel like I'm not even going to make it to through the night.

So I did the reset. But, am I really going to have to go download all my apps again? Is this for real?

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site

I'm really thinking it has to do with your phone constantly searching for signal. Or you have a defective phone.

MrTimSmith

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Yea I have cables every where and chargers. But I still think something is wrong. I mean, the first time I am out some where and pull my phone out of my pocket after a few hours of not using it I will probably flip because then I'm not at work or home where I can just charge it. I will feel like I'm not even going to make it to through the night.

So I did the reset. But, am I really going to have to go download all my apps again? Is this for real?

Yeah I can understand that. I had one day and 12 hours estimated after a hard reset and for a few days after that. 50% battery after 12 hours use. Now I get there in 5 or 6 hours. I don't know.

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
How do I get my apps back? Zune says I've already downloaded/purchased and won't let me download again... Where are they?

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I've gotten the same results for the past 5 days, 17 hours with moderate use. Very very good battery. Poised for 24 hours right now with low-moderate use.

HillBillJr

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Leaving WiFi on without a network to connect and poor signal strength, being on network border etc. can drain battery. If battery drain depends on location, it could be one of these. If it happens all the time, it could be due to some rogue application.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss