ATT still shipping Lumia without the Update

drankurn

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I just received my Cyan Lumia 900, it was shipped from ATT yesterday.

As I was just setting it up and playing with it, I get a notification saying that an update is available. as i write it i am installing the update.

well i thought that att was updating their stock before shipping any new phones after the update became available, Also my box that i received was retaped, the original round tape was cut and was retaped with a regular clear tape on top of it, when i saw that i thought they must have opened it to do the update,

but now I don't know why my box was re taped? any ideas ?

techygeek82

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I just received my Cyan Lumia 900, it was shipped from ATT yesterday.

As I was just setting it up and playing with it, I get a notification saying that an update is available. as i write it i am installing the update.

well i thought that att was updating their stock before shipping any new phones after the update became available, Also my box that i received was retaped, the original round tape was cut and was retaped with a regular clear tape on top of it, when i saw that i thought they must have opened it to do the update,

but now I don't know why my box was re taped? any ideas ?

Was your SIM Card pre-installed in the phone...?

drankurn

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
yes, thanks for pointing it out, i wondering why would they go through the hassle of doing that, it's still not active so why do it.

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes, there's another thread about this somewhere. The phone was updated by the factory to a certain version number. But the online update is the latest version, which is the one you dowloaded. The factory doesn't have the latest version, for whatever reason. Find the thread for details, but it was explained somewhere with the orginal version number, factory update version number, and online update version number.

techygeek82

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
yes, thanks for pointing it out, i wondering why would they go through the hassle of doing that, it's still not active so why do it.

Small bit of customer service I guess? Not sure. Though if they didn't and someone went to install it themselves and broke the SIM card it could cause that person to be upset that they DIDN'T pre-install it. Haha. Who knows. 2 sides to every coin.

I had to call and activate mine too but it was mainly because the data plan needed changed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo