I think the establishment is scared. Making up a point to support a stupid point is crappy journalism at best or the writer is a lying POS at worst.

The Nokia Lumia 900 Isn't Saving Microsoft or Nokia - Yahoo! News
    04-19-2012 08:46 AM
    Well; Microsoft doesn't need saving. They are still bringing in billions in profit every quarter. Nokia is the one hurting.

They should be doing a bigger advertising blitz though. I am still seeing more commercials for IE9 than WP7 or the Lumia 900.
    04-19-2012 08:49 AM
    The first quarter ended in March and the Lumia 900 was officially launched April 8, so the success of the 900 is not reflected in the quarters earnings and the tittle is misleading IMHO.
    ramrac likes this.
    04-19-2012 08:57 AM
    The first quarter ended in March and the Lumia 900 was officially launched April 8, so the success of the 900 is not reflected in the quarters earnings and the tittle is misleading IMHO.
    Indeed, thus the hypocrisy.
    04-19-2012 09:00 AM
    Yeah. This article is very poorly written. Lumia 900 numbers are NOT part of their Q1 figures yet this article makes it seem they were.
    04-19-2012 09:01 AM
    Aren't journalists supposed to do fact checking?
    04-19-2012 10:01 AM
    A single phone can't save a company, but the lumia is definitely pushing up the nokia image!
    04-19-2012 10:14 AM
    Journalists exist now only in our dreams and fantasies, like unicorns.
    04-19-2012 10:19 AM
    Not these days.. Especially not those on Yahoo.
    04-19-2012 10:23 AM
    I have seen alot of Nokia Advertisement during sports event (specifically NBA) right now.
    04-19-2012 10:39 AM
    I am routing for Nokia to succeed as I am for Microsoft, Google, Apple, Sony, Facebook, etc. I want all of these companies to succeed. Why? Well, competition is a good thing. It makes all companies try harder and the result is they innovate and build better products and guess who benefits? All of us (and their shareholders, of course). :)

Plus, the success of all of these companies stimulates the world economy and creates jobs.
    04-19-2012 11:23 AM
    If any company needs saving now, it is Yahoo.
    04-19-2012 12:18 PM
    I am interested to see how well the 900 does here in the states, my local at&t store said they were selling well and that they sold out of their first batch however they had a lot in stock yesterday when I picked mine up.
    04-19-2012 12:20 PM
    Only if things turned around that quickly....
    04-19-2012 12:30 PM
    You do realize that every time you post a thread about one of these stupid articles, all you are doing is guaranteeing there will be more and more of them, don't you?

Keep posting them and people click on the links. They go in and make snarky comments. The page gets more hits, they make more ad revenue, the crappy pseudo-journalist hipster blogger ***** who wrote it gets more attention.

Then they write more and more of these sh*t articles tearing Windows Phone and Nokia down. That's why you're seeing these stupid slam pieces pop up on every site in creation this week.

STOP POSTING THIS CRAP PLEASE, unless you just want to keep perpetuating it.
    04-19-2012 12:33 PM
    Things can't turn around that quickly. It took Apple a bit of time after Jobs took back the company before they got out hits after hits too.
    04-19-2012 12:36 PM
    Things can't turn around that quickly. It took Apple a bit of time after Jobs took back the company before they got out hits after hits too.
    Thats true.

Though I'm not sure the example works here. Microsoft is in no where near the trouble Apple was in 1997 and I don't think Nokia is either. Neither Stephen Elop nor Steve Balmer are a Steve Jobs either. Not even close.

I do think Microsoft will succeed with Windows Phone, because it's a good product, but also because they have to. The smartphone space is too important for them not to succeed in, so you can count on them using their massive war chest and all their power to help it succeed. I'm confident Nokia will do everything they can too because they have to here. Meego and Symbian are effectively dead to the world. Nokia's Windows Phone initiative has to succeed or the company will shrink into irrelevance within a few years and they know this.
    04-19-2012 12:47 PM
    I like the fact that these threads are being brought up... it gives me the opportunity to **** all over them in the comments section. :D

:ninja:
    04-19-2012 12:47 PM
    I like the fact that these threads are being brought up... it gives me the opportunity to **** all over them in the comments section. :D

:ninja:
    Good strategy!
    04-19-2012 12:49 PM
    Good strategy!
    Just doing my bit to balance the scales. ;)
    04-19-2012 12:52 PM
    Thats true.

Though I'm not sure the example works here. Microsoft is in no where near the trouble Apple was in 1997 and I don't think Nokia is either. Neither Stephen Elop nor Steve Balmer are a Steve Jobs either. Not even close.

I do think Microsoft will succeed with Windows Phone, because it's a good product, but also because they have to. The smartphone space is too important for them not to succeed in, so you can count on them using their massive war chest and all their power to help it succeed. I'm confident Nokia will do everything they can too because they have to here. Meego and Symbian are effectively dead to the world. Nokia's Windows Phone initiative has to succeed or the company will shrink into irrelevance within a few years and they know this.
    Nokia feels like it's in that sort of trouble for now. Although neither guy is a Jobs, they are moving forward with great design and a fundamental rethink. The Lumia currently to me feels like the iMac G3. It wasn't a super hit, but the i-brand stuck, and it got us to the smart devices revolution starting with the iPod.

Maybe the Lumia isn't that device to usher in a revolution, but I will take what I can get. And who knows? Apollo might be the promised land.
    04-19-2012 01:01 PM
    WP is doing just fine. I applaud them for taking time and doing it right. A whole lot better than putting out unpolished software.
    04-19-2012 02:34 PM
    Fact is that the Nokia namebrand still carries weight moreso internationally but even here in the states. They just need to do a good job marketing themselves and putting out good products.
    04-20-2012 09:29 AM
    I bought this phone first because of the Nokia brand.. i had Nokias in the past and i loved them.. so why not give them a chance again and try WP7 on my way. I like the phone hardware feel very solid just liked i remember Nokias to be... The OS im trying to like it but i keep finding limitations or things that i say i would like this to be different. I hope they do good we need competition..
    04-20-2012 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD