Nokia Lumia 900 screen

alias3800

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering why, while everyone has been talking about how BAD the camera is, or how BAD the OS is or how BAD the resolution is, no one has brought up how GOOD the screen actually is.

I feel like this screen has all the benefits of AMOLED technology, and even more so because it is coupled with the clearblack technology (something that Anand covers pretty in depth.) Has anyone here paid a visit to ATT to look at other screens? The lack of glare and the punchiness on this device is incredible. The blacks are as deep (and I mean DEEP) as they come, it is pretty incredible. Especially when you consider other elite devices, especially Samsung devices, having graininess due to Pentile arrangements or blue/yellow shades due to slightly off viewing angles and other IPS screens that produce more glare than color and don't pop nearly enough.

The screen is not praised enough, and I'm here to say I like it. A lot.

milk242

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I love how the screen almost blends in with the bezel.

I cannot wait for what Nokia has when WP8 is out. I'm hoping they have the tech to expand this clearblack amoled screen to a higher resolution.

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I love how the screen almost blends in with the bezel.

I cannot wait for what Nokia has when WP8 is out. I'm hoping they have the tech to expand this clearblack amoled screen to a higher resolution.

Yeah it's awesome how you can't really tell where the screen stops and bezel begins. I love the screen. I notice the lower resolution for sure but it's just fine.

jsntrenkler

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I think the screen is dynamite, in fact I was just taking pictures of my iPhone 4S (for craigslist) and noticed that the screen on the 900 is so much nicer. Granted the resolution still sucks but I can live with that, in fact pictures look great, I am in love with this Phone.

identity-x

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I really like the fact that I can read it w/out any trouble at all in direct sunlight.

this. leaps and bounds better in sunlight than my Focus.

I don't recall noticing on my Focus, but you DO start to see the limitations of such a "low resolution" on a larger screen with the 900. I opened a page from the Desktop view (Amazon I believe?) and it was the first time I noticed how pixelated the text was.

Nitpicking no doubt. Otherwise, it's beautiful!

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
What makes me laugh is the wired.com review that mentions the "low resolution" being "lackluster" when compared to "high-end" devices like the specifically mentioned iPhone 4s and Samsung Galaxy S2- the GS2 also sports a 800x480 AMOLED screen. People are so stupid. If the wired.com site had a comments section...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos