Great Review by an actual user....Amazing !!!

wasonamit

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Why on earth would I ditch my Dual core LTE qHD screened android phone ( droid bionic) for a phone with a single core processor and a 800 x 480 sceen resolution? Use it. You'll know why. This phone really flies through everything without ever really slowing down , and looks good while doing it.

Lets start with the OS. If you don't like windows phone you won't like this phone so why are you even reading a review? If you aren't really interested in iOS and aren't really satisfied by Android , its a refreshing alternative. It runs extremely smooth , the apps , while not as abundant are very high quality and don't force close all the time like on Android ( Don't argue with me I've had 3 android phones and a nook running Cyanogenmod and all of them have had force close issues). The only absentees that I miss in the app market are Angry birds space , Rio , and Seasons, though I think Space is coming eventually. Rocket Riot is a great game and should be downloaded by everyone.

Hardware? This phone feels great in the hand. Solid , smooth , not at all uncomfortable to hold with a little heft to make it feel substantial but its not a brick. The screen is gorgeous. Doesn't have the bluish tint that other AMOLED screens suffer from. Very visible outside , and most of the time the resolution is something thats not noticeable and looks sharper than some hi-res pentile arrays on android phones. Its great to look at. Thats all that matters , and the polarized glass is a big plus.

Camera- You can definitely get some solid shots out of the thing. Outside pictures have a great amount of depth and detail to them. Inside pictures do fairly well depending on lighting. Though there are some coloration issues , the auto-fix feature greatly improves the pictures. I haven't taken any videos but from what I've seen posted online its reasonably good quality , but its not gonna knock your socks off. The Bionic took better pictures and video , but it also force closed in all kinds of apps , had a half broken gallery app that even when brand new with a mighty dual core processor was not nearly as smooth as the gallery app on this phone , and it also lacked a camera button and took longer to take pictures and to open the camera app.

Reception/Call quality- I switched from Verizon to AT&T so I can't compare it to other phones directly , but reception seems pretty good and call quality is fantastic. The loudspeaker for music is also very loud and clear for a phone.

Battery life- Even getting up early and staying up late , I havent killed it in a day yet after about a week. Battery life is good enough to be something you won't have to think about unless you play games or stream video or use GPS or something like that which will take its toll on any phone.

So why shouldn't you buy this phone? If you think that having a higher screen resolution and a faster processor matters more than the actual experience of the phone and how the screen looks , or If you think you'll actually use all of the hundreds of thousands of apps in Apple or Googles appstore. Otherwise its worth a shot. Is it the best phone that could ever exist? No , in 6 months something will come along with better everything , but thats true of almost any phone you'll buy. Overall , I think the experience on the phone for the price of the phone made it a no brainer for me.

Jomon

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Why on earth would I ditch my Dual core LTE qHD screened android phone ( droid bionic) for a phone with a single core processor and a 800 x 480 sceen resolution? Use it. You'll know why. This phone really flies through everything without ever really slowing down , and looks good while doing it.

Lets start with the OS. If you don't like windows phone you won't like this phone so why are you even reading a review? If you aren't really interested in iOS and aren't really satisfied by Android , its a refreshing alternative. It runs extremely smooth , the apps , while not as abundant are very high quality and don't force close all the time like on Android ( Don't argue with me I've had 3 android phones and a nook running Cyanogenmod and all of them have had force close issues). The only absentees that I miss in the app market are Angry birds space , Rio , and Seasons, though I think Space is coming eventually. Rocket Riot is a great game and should be downloaded by everyone.

Hardware? This phone feels great in the hand. Solid , smooth , not at all uncomfortable to hold with a little heft to make it feel substantial but its not a brick. The screen is gorgeous. Doesn't have the bluish tint that other AMOLED screens suffer from. Very visible outside , and most of the time the resolution is something thats not noticeable and looks sharper than some hi-res pentile arrays on android phones. Its great to look at. Thats all that matters , and the polarized glass is a big plus.

Camera- You can definitely get some solid shots out of the thing. Outside pictures have a great amount of depth and detail to them. Inside pictures do fairly well depending on lighting. Though there are some coloration issues , the auto-fix feature greatly improves the pictures. I haven't taken any videos but from what I've seen posted online its reasonably good quality , but its not gonna knock your socks off. The Bionic took better pictures and video , but it also force closed in all kinds of apps , had a half broken gallery app that even when brand new with a mighty dual core processor was not nearly as smooth as the gallery app on this phone , and it also lacked a camera button and took longer to take pictures and to open the camera app.

Reception/Call quality- I switched from Verizon to AT&T so I can't compare it to other phones directly , but reception seems pretty good and call quality is fantastic. The loudspeaker for music is also very loud and clear for a phone.

Battery life- Even getting up early and staying up late , I havent killed it in a day yet after about a week. Battery life is good enough to be something you won't have to think about unless you play games or stream video or use GPS or something like that which will take its toll on any phone.

So why shouldn't you buy this phone? If you think that having a higher screen resolution and a faster processor matters more than the actual experience of the phone and how the screen looks , or If you think you'll actually use all of the hundreds of thousands of apps in Apple or Googles appstore. Otherwise its worth a shot. Is it the best phone that could ever exist? No , in 6 months something will come along with better everything , but thats true of almost any phone you'll buy. Overall , I think the experience on the phone for the price of the phone made it a no brainer for me.
Like someone at MS once said, hardware is great, but software is magic. All those cores ain't gonna matter if the software is rotten to the core. Google needs to rewrite Android instead of asking the OEM to throw hardware at the problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro