Clicking sound - worth exchanging the phone?

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Seems like there are few reporting the clicking sound from the top of the screen. How many of you have exchanged it just for this reason and has the new unit been "click free"?

Thanks much. :)

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I have the clicking and haven't exchanged. Honestly would have never noticed if not for these forums lol. Depends on if it annoys you or not, that is most important fact. They will almost certainly exchange it if that is the case.

Do you notice it is the best way to phrase it? I don't, but others seem to, no wrong answer.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Thinking about exchanging mine, but not because of the sound, but just a lot of things adding up: vibrate rattle, echo during calls almost half the time (I can barely hear them having the volume down to 4, and that still apparently doesn't remove all the echo), pictures are coming out way to dark even with enough lighting (think someone else had this problem too and compared it with stores' stock), randomly getting warm (I'd have like no apps, but the power draw would be 400+ mA for no reason, signal strength doesn't seem to be a factor with this), and then that subtle click. The phone is great, but things for me are just starting to add up.

Edit: forgot to address the actual question, lol. If you just have the click I wouldn't bother exchanging it. If your starting to have other problems, then you might want to consider it if the problems are getting in the way of enjoying your device. The last thing you want is to be out of the exchange period,and still get annoyed with the problem you have and everytime you look at your device you just get OCD frustrated with it. I think that's what merits an exchange.

Last edited:

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Thank you both. Yes it does annoy me since I notice it everytime I wipe it off.

sdreamer, I don't have any of your problems and so I am a bit Leary of getting one with any other problem

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
None of those issues. I am used to the vibrate now. The camera button occasionally does not wake up the phone (a soft reset fixes it) and occasionally the back button brings up the multitask screen. But I am sure these will both be corrected in a future update, so no worries.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
If you're OCD and spend your time clicking the top right display (which you shouldn't) then by all means return it. I never even knew my device "clicked" until some OCD poster brought this to my attention. I'll just enjoy my device and use it the way I'm supposed to.

alaozx

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
If any of you are having the vibrate issue I suggest you take your phone back. I was about to live with it but decided to exchange mine, and I'm glad I did because my new one does not have any of the problems that other people are having here on the forum.

Relatively Rare

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I had the clicking sound on the top right hand corner of my phone. It was loud and it didn't take much pressure to click. So I returned it no problems.

I had my replacement phone for a couple of days before I realised it has a clicking sound on the bottom right hand side of the screen. It only really clicks near the search button and it isn't as loud so as a result it is less annoying.

I don't think I'll bother exchanging it as when I use my phone normally it doesn't affect me. In fact, the only time I hear the click is when I intentionally press down on the area to hear it, just to remind myself.... I don't know why I would do that come to think of it. It only annoys me when I hear it.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the clicking and haven't exchanged. Honestly would have never noticed if not for these forums lol. Depends on if it annoys you or not, that is most important fact. They will almost certainly exchange it if that is the case.

Do you notice it is the best way to phrase it? I don't, but others seem to, no wrong answer.

This.

I didn't notice it until someone here mentioned that if you squeeze the very upper right hand corner of the phone between your thumb and forefinger it will "click" slightly.

Lucky for me there is no way in which I use my phone which involves me doing that, so it's not a problem (for me). I haven't thought about it since.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't think I'll bother exchanging it as when I use my phone normally it doesn't affect me. In fact, the only time I hear the click is when I intentionally press down on the area to hear it, just to remind myself.... I don't know why I would do that come to think of it. It only annoys me when I hear it.

WTF? :lol:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234