Should I exchange my Lumia 900 for a new one?

apoc527

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I need some forum advice here. I'm pretty sure I need to just exchange my black pre-ordered Lumia 900 for a new one, despite the update.

Here's what has happened twice now:

(1) I lose all ability to send and receive text messages.

(2) Emails do not appear to send or even be stored in my Sent Items folder.

(3) Pictures will disappear to an all black nothing. Just the ones taken within a few hours of this starting to happen, mind you, not all of them. They are not uploaded to Skydrive, so they are truly gone.

(4) The phone starts to heat up rapidly and it goes through battery very quickly. I'm talking from 100% to 5% in 4 or 5 hours. DEFINITELY not normal.

(5) It's not clear if I've actually lost data or not. The 4G still shows up and the Live Tiles appear to be active, but perhaps it's just stuck.

In short, the phone seems to lose the data connection and then spends a LOT of power trying to re-establish it. It is not fixed by a power cycle.

This has only happened twice since I've gotten the device, but it's rather disconcerting to get a phone call and be told that I've been being texted all morning and haven't received a single one.

So, since I'm already pretty convinced this is a defective handset, does anyone think this is NOT a reason to exchange for a new one?

(When it works normally, I love it.)

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Mine was working fine for the most part. I exchanged just to take advantage of the fact it wouldn't cost me anything, walked out with a White handset four days early!

apoc527

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Done. Any helpful tips on getting the phone back to how I had it? I wish it had a Backup feature like iTunes...(one of the few things that iTunes does better than Zune!).

alaozx

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
If you need a quick way to redownload all your apps back, install this app from the marketplace.

http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=b9d1115b-2c0d-4e5d-afc6-fa6dcd84dda4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)