Best weather app?

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
WEATHERMASTER is the best app I have found by far. The live tile is amazing!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

ggonzalez777

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Weather live here!! I like the simplicity i.e. metro minimalistic. There are 3 styles, metro, metro minimalistic and realistic. If you want radar and stuff, the metro is the best. In my case, all I need is the forecast and temp so minimalistic is great. And if you come from android, realistic would be the best choice. And the live tile is very simple and metro-y. Temp, location, and the second side has the same day and next day forecast. Just perfect.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Weather live here!! I like the simplicity i.e. metro minimalistic. There are 3 styles, metro, metro minimalistic and realistic. If you want radar and stuff, the metro is the best. In my case, all I need is the forecast and temp so minimalistic is great. And if you come from android, realistic would be the best choice. And the live tile is very simple and metro-y. Temp, location, and the second side has the same day and next day forecast. Just perfect.
Just purchased it and really liking it.

Thanks for recommendation. :)

The def star

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
WEATHERMASTER is the best app I have found by far. The live tile is amazing!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
Add another one to WeatherMaster. I must of tried like 9 different weather apps and this is the best one with the best live tile. That's what I was worried about more. It is one of the few weather apps where you can set the live tile to your geo location rather than tagging specific locations. Also it has radar and it's very clean presentation. Just wished you can choose the color for the metro theme.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Meh, just tried WeatherMaster. Looks like I'll stick with Accuweather. WeatherMaster's radar imagery is too figidity/clunky. I do like the live tile slightly better though. Only thing left to test is efficiency of severe weather alerts.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
AccuWeather. Why?

- Live tile shows current conditions AND forecast. The other weather apps I've tried only show current conditions.
- Quick access to ten day forecast, satellite image and radar (in motion, with ability to easily zoom in and out of locations)
- Hourly forecast
- Quick, smooth severe weather alerts

I also like AccuWeather for these reasons. Most importantly, in my own review of several services, their Live tile operated as advertised/designed the most consistently, 24/7.

Edit: Also, the ads on this free app are the least annoying, or not annoying at all, because they are mostly or always for accuweather.com itself. At least in my area, and as I use the service, I just get a slice at the top that always reads the service name.

Finally, the different locations that you can set are very easy to select.

Last edited:

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I also like AccuWeather for these reasons. Most importantly, in my own review of several services, their Live tile operated as advertised/designed the most consistently, 24/7.

Edit: Also, the ads on this free app are the least annoying, or not annoying at all, because they are mostly or always for accuweather.com itself. At least in my area, and as I use the service, I just get a slice at the top that always reads the service name.

Finally, the different locations that you can set are very easy to select.

Yeah, I mean WeatherMaster allows you to add multiple cities as well, but has some odd quirks. WeatherMaster's live tile is a bit strange the more I try it out. It shows you the current conditions and the forecasted high and low, but it doesn't give you the full forecast for the current day, only the high/low. The only full forecast it shows you is for tomorrow and the next day. I would think the forecast (not just the high and low) for the current day should be shown as well, as a priority in fact.

It's a good app, and I'd like to buy the full version, but I can't bring myself too given the shortcomings I listed in this post and my previous one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon