Greetings, im experiencing Windows Phone OS for this first time with my lumia. I was hoping i could get some questions answered.

1. How do you retrieve/email full resolution pictures taken with the lumia? from what i understand at 8MP the pics should be 3264x2448. when emailing them they come through as 1632x1224. With the iphone you cold long hold the photo and copy it, giving you the full res pic on your clipboard. ANyway to do this with the 900? should i grab them through zune? through windows explorer?

2. when i get a text is there anyway to get rid of the notification quicker? with the iphone you could swipe it away. they seem to hang around a long time on the 900 and sometimes its annoying.

3. is there any kind of shortcut to configure the ring/vibrate other than going through the settings? i know if you toggle the volume you can switch from silent to ring or ring/vibrate but is there a way to just easily switch from ring to ring/vibrate or just vibrate?

i guess thats it. i feel like i had more questions but oh well. Loving this phone, although i am returning it on monday based on the rattle and now my screen is creaking in the top and bottom right. thanks for any help
    04-21-2012 08:21 PM
    1. I don't think there's a fix for this one. I believe it's a data-saving measure, but it would be nice to have a way to turn it off...

2. Swipe the toast to the right to get rid of it. Incidentally you can hit the back button to get rid of the volume drop-down. I've had my HD7 for almost a year and just recently learned of both of these features!

3. This is another omission. I have settings pinned to my start screen to streamline things a bit but yeah...

Check out this other thread to learn lots of good stuff: http://forums.windowscentral.com/os-...ion/190027.htm

Lastly and most importantly: WELCOME TO WINDOWS PHONE!! I hope your new phone addresses the rattle etc, and that you love it!
    04-21-2012 08:46 PM
    1. I don't think there's a fix for this one. I believe it's a data-saving measure, but it would be nice to have a way to turn it off...

2. Swipe the toast to the right to get rid of it. Incidentally you can hit the back button to get rid of the volume drop-down. I've had my HD7 for almost a year and just recently learned of both of these features!

3. This is another omission. I have settings pinned to my start screen to streamline things a bit but yeah...

Check out this other thread to learn lots of good stuff: http://forums.windowscentral.com/os-...ion/190027.htm

Lastly and most importantly: WELCOME TO WINDOWS PHONE!! I hope your new phone addresses the rattle etc, and that you love it!
    Awesome. Thanks a ton. good to know i can at least get rid of some notification annoyances. It took apple quite a while to offer full res pic copying so maybe WP7 will address it. 1600 pixels is still a good sized photo lol. checking out that other thread now. thanks again!!
    04-21-2012 09:08 PM
    For no.3
    once you use the volume bottom...click on the bar that appears and you can toggle

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-21-2012 10:40 PM
    For #1, not a solution, but an alternative. You can copy files up to Dropbox and open them on any linked PCs full resolution (2248x3264). You can also use ShareFolder, a nice app that uses your WiFi to move files from your device to a share folder on your PC. Saves the trouble of plugging in, launching Zune and syncing.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-21-2012 11:51 PM
    Awesome. Thanks a ton. good to know i can at least get rid of some notification annoyances. It took apple quite a while to offer full res pic copying so maybe WP7 will address it. 1600 pixels is still a good sized photo lol. checking out that other thread now. thanks again!!
    Glad I could help!
    04-22-2012 01:50 AM
    Greetings, im experiencing Windows Phone OS for this first time with my lumia. I was hoping i could get some questions answered.

1. How do you retrieve/email full resolution pictures taken with the lumia? from what i understand at 8MP the pics should be 3264x2448. when emailing them they come through as 1632x1224. With the iphone you cold long hold the photo and copy it, giving you the full res pic on your clipboard. ANyway to do this with the 900? should i grab them through zune? through windows explorer?

2. when i get a text is there anyway to get rid of the notification quicker? with the iphone you could swipe it away. they seem to hang around a long time on the 900 and sometimes its annoying.

3. is there any kind of shortcut to configure the ring/vibrate other than going through the settings? i know if you toggle the volume you can switch from silent to ring or ring/vibrate but is there a way to just easily switch from ring to ring/vibrate or just vibrate?

i guess thats it. i feel like i had more questions but oh well. Loving this phone, although i am returning it on monday based on the rattle and now my screen is creaking in the top and bottom right. thanks for any help
    You can set it to auto sync with zune when you plug it in at night. This should pull the full resolution pictures off your phone.
    04-23-2012 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD