I have been experiencing the data issues that people talk about and I went to exchange it today because I finally had some free time. I had bought the phone from amazon, I called customer service at ATT and Nokia and they said you could exchange the phone even though I bought from a different store and that I could come to ATT with the invoice and get it exchanged. So I went to get it exchanged and the guy would not exchange it... I cannot believe they did this
    04-21-2012 08:07 PM
    Plug it into your computer. Takes 10 min and problem is solved.
    04-21-2012 08:12 PM
    I dont think Best Buy would let you exchange a item bought at Walmart either......:dry
    04-21-2012 08:17 PM
    Dude - you are not entitled to throw tantrums.
    04-21-2012 08:23 PM
    You should have known that they wouldn't exchange a phone from amazon at the Att store a they have different supply and return channels and there is no store on the planet that I know of that will take another companies product in an exchange.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express
    04-21-2012 08:27 PM
    You should have known that they wouldn't exchange a phone from amazon at the Att store a they have different supply and return channels and there is no store on the planet that I know of that will take another companies product in an exchange.

Except with the iPhone, even if you bought it on Amazon/Best Buy/whatever you can always return it to any Apple Store for exchange. That's their trump card.
    04-21-2012 08:33 PM
    Plug it into your computer. Takes 10 min and problem is solved.
    I did update it, its still having some issues
    04-21-2012 09:38 PM

I do know that, but I contacted both Nokia and ATT customer service, and both said that i can return my device if I am experiencing data issues at any ATT store, regardless of purchase origin
    04-21-2012 09:39 PM
    I have been experiencing the data issues that people talk about and I went to exchange it today because I finally had some free time. I had bought the phone from amazon, I called customer service at ATT and Nokia and they said you could exchange the phone even though I bought from a different store and that I could come to ATT with the invoice and get it exchanged. So I went to get it exchanged and the guy would not exchange it... I cannot believe they did this
    Common sense would tell you that they can't exchange it, what's there not to believe?
    04-21-2012 10:15 PM
    You got the phone from Amazon. Does is have a properly provisioned micro-sim installed. Did AT&T make sure that your micro-sim was on an LTE data plan? No data issues, before or after the update, for me.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-21-2012 10:34 PM
    ATT Corp Stores are actually like a 3rd party retailer in a sense compared to ATT Online or over the phone. They use 2 different systems and usually offer 2 different experiences. You can dial 611 and order a replacement over the phone.

Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon, ATT Corp Stores, Radio Shack are all considered 3rd party retailers in my book. There for neither will exchange a product bought from someone else.

Lesson learned, don't buy EVERYTHING online. ATT would have probably price matched amazon anyways.....

EDIT- On the other hand, VERIZON WIRELESS Corp stores are actually real store fronts for Verizon Wireless Corp. They will exchange or order a replacement for your phone in store no matter where you bought the phone.
    04-22-2012 12:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD