Whose having a good 900 experience???

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Seems with all of the negative press and the bugs people are reporting here, i want to know who is having a good experience with the 900? It is an awesome phone, and I am very much enjoying using it much more than my 4S.

Who else likes their phone???

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Really? maybe I should check it out tomorrow.

i am telling you for real dude its nice, no lie i got it at one corp store then later on had to go to another because i was in a different city with my family when i noticed the visual vm didn't work i went into this other corp store they were like what the h@## dude that is sweet where did you get that one i was like um the other att corp store about 20 miles from here they had no idea that the white was already being sold. but the cool thing is when they all whipped out theirs asking what games i had. moral of the story this white one stands out.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine since 9 April, and I've had no problems at all. I am very happy with this device.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
So far perfect except for a failed first attempt at applying the Skinomi screen protector but that was my fault...
I messed mine up as well.

Loving my experience with the lumia but noticinga few quirks

Sent from my Le Lumia using Board Express

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I really like mine. I changed it out yesterday due to the clicking sound on the top corner, now the new one has the purplish tinge on light.

I still love it and more everyday as i find new things about it.

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I love mine and its a great experience thus far. I've had mine for 9 days now. I started using it side by side with my LTE Droid Bionic. I wanted to make sure that I could do everything on this phone that I was doing on the VZW phone with Android. Sure, there are apps missing, but as some others have said in other threads, I didn't need them. I, too, downloaded the Facebook app, but I've opened it twice maybe. The social hub takes care of so much. I've been able to create, edit, and send documents with very little effort. As a matter of fact, my only issue is the inability to print from the phone. I do miss that.

I have 2 BT headsets: a Jawbone Icon and a Sony stereo headset. Both paired flawlessly and worked wonderfully. Plus, the way that Windows Phone does messaging over BT is awesome. It prompts you if you want the message read or replied to. Creeped me out the first time it happened, but I love it. Very convenient!

I don't have a computer at home for reasons we won't get into, so everything I do is on this phone now. Most every page I pull up renders fine. Pinch to zoom is so much smoother on here than on my Dolphin browser on the Bionic. Its quite the different experience completely. There are some issues as others noted with drop down menus and such, but that's a minor annoyance to me and again, growing pains and I hope for it to be rectified going forward.

Phone calls and messaging work as they should. No problems there. I do enjoy the toast notifications very much. It's clean and unobtrusive. Android's notification area can get really cluttered. That does bug me if I come back to my phone after being away and its all over the place. I like how the live tiles that update show how many notifications you have per app at a glance. Really convenient. Someone mentioned on another thread about a live tile that collects all notifications on one area, but I don't think that's needed. It's double the work really. Keep it as is per tile.

Music is ok so far. I had a Slacker subscription, so I began using it. AT&T's implementation is pretty shoddy. I can't blame M$ for that. I might try a Zune subscription next month. I've read good things and seems like the experience should be fine, if not better. There's a 3rd party app that I downloaded to search and get free music called Fildo. It kinda sucks and isn't stable. It does allow me to search and download, but when it comes to going back to access the music, it isn't working right and crashes the app. And there's no way to get the songs otherwise.

Back to apps for a moment...For the most part, I've found the replacements for apps that I use often or similar ones. I've got my gchat, gvoice, Gooroovester, etc. Some differences here and there, but that's acceptable to me being in a different OS environment. It's growing on me quickly. Just like when I first moved to Android.

I didn't get into the camera as I've only taken minimal photos, but you know, they were all indoors and I'm a pretty fair photog and they all turned out great so far. Took pics of my Bionic to sell on Craigslist. That's the end of that. Looks like I'm keeping it ;-).

Oh, and this whole thing was written on the Lumia 900. Love this keyboard!

Last edited:

panchi2131

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
till now loving it with no problems as such ..

Visual Voicemail works fine ,nokia specific tune in aradio and weather channel apps work great
with live tiles and all..

compared to samsung focus flash ,this one has been a better wp7 experience...

statom

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
My lumia is great. I had the data issue two days after using the phone but Nokia did great by releasing an update less than a week later. I had the original focus before the lumia and enjoyed my experience on that phone as well. However, I am enjoying the Nokia apps much more than the apps provided by Samsung. I really like the Nokia drive app and the creative studio too. The larger screen makes my iPhone (work phone) look so small. Overall, I am really enjoying this phone.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
I think my personal love/hate ratio is 80/20. I love the device and I am very surprised at how awesome AT&T has been. You can comb through my posting history and find a lot of complaints (flaky WiFi, terrible camera, camera button wakes phone some days and not others), but the only real showstopper is the horrible camera and I'm really optimistic that Nokia will address this sooner rather than later. If I had to choose between the iPhone 4S, the Galaxy Nexus, or the Lumia 900, I'd pick the 900 every day of the week.

Still, I'm going to continue to complain about the things that need improvement as problems arise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99