Whose having a good 900 experience???

siradude

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Here's my observations:

I've had the Samsung Focus since it came out, so I'm very familiar with the WP7.

I got the N900 in white today and like the phone a lot! Here are some comaparisons to the Samsung.

Pros:
1. Sturdy feel to phone
2. Signal strenght! (4 bars at home where Samsung and other phones just get 1 bar!) This is a +++
3. Operator clicks, like power off/on, text clicks.. etc are more silent in the Nokia, Samsung was loud!
4. Comapring side to side, The blue tile color is much deeper in the Nokia. (Colors have a darker Hue)
5. the Visual VOICEMAIL!!! OMG! I can actually just listen to the voicemail I need individually. This was an option the iPhone had that was a possible switcher for me. With Samsung, after a day I had over 20 voicemail and had NO idea who left them so I had to listen to them all!!! (<-hate that) The Samsung will just tell you how many voicemail you had not who left them :(
6. Nokia Drive looks great (havent used much) but definately a + for FREE!
7. Dual mics (for noise cancelling)

Cons:
1. Camera is WAY darker between Light/Dark contrasting areas than the Samsung.
2. TANGO!!! (the Nokia version does NOT work in 3g/4g???) Had to remove Nokia's Tango and use Generic Tango? Come on, this is just wrong! Why would you make a 4G LTE phone and not be able to use TANGO through it..:confused:

I know I'm comparing an older phone to a newer phone, but they are both Gen1 phones to their makers.

My favorite 2 things are ofcourse so much better reception in areas know for bad reception and the Voicemail List. I dont know if the Visual Voicemail is a feature in other WP7 phones, but it should had been a feature in WP7 from the start.

I guess I was lucky, my phone has a great lcd color, no loose buttons or loose lcd, it just works!

Last edited:

clockworksnarf

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I am having a blast with my new windows phone

Pros:
LTE :
I tend to have 2-3 bars on ATT 3G, but with LTE I have full bars everywhere I go.
Local Scout:
its quite handy, I found myself using it downtown where I don't venture much and found some interesting new places to eat :)
Nokia drive:
I used to use ios maps for getting around but always wished I had turn by turn directions, and although I ran into a few problems (wrong road, longer route) I found it easy to use, I love the speed alerts!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

pecuevasb

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I still can't get any data (yes, I've updated already), but I think maybe I'm not on the right data plan? I don't know. Other than that it's great.

jlw17

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm loving this device. I got the white one and I'm very happy with it!
It's kind of a bummer that NO ONE I know knows anything about Windows Phone so I have no one to share this joy with haha
In case anyone's still looking for Cyan or White, Drive on over to the corp store in Corbin KY. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who's bought one there... I asked.. =\

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I am enjoying the S*** out of my phone and also enjoying the looks I get from holding it. One thing I want to ask though.

Do most of you new WP7 users believe that WE just like it because it's newer and different than iOS and Android? Do you think your love for this OS will die down later? My wife keeps asking me that because this is how it was with a few others phones, but I insist that this time it's truly is different and that coming from this I expect other companies to "put people first" like WP7 has. I truly believe that this will be my OS of choice for years to come unless Android cleans up some fragmentation and battery issues and iOS well....stops being to iOS-ey. lol. Which is impossible, but good for them.

Joelist

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
What negative press? So far the vast majority of the press has been positive.

It is an outstanding phone. I only wish I could have one myself instead of worshipping from afar because I am a Verizon user (and hence using a Trophy).

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I am enjoying the S*** out of my phone and also enjoying the looks I get from holding it. One thing I want to ask though.

Do most of you new WP7 users believe that WE just like it because it's newer and different than iOS and Android? Do you think your love for this OS will die down later? My wife keeps asking me that because this is how it was with a few others phones, but I insist that this time it's truly is different and that coming from this I expect other companies to "put people first" like WP7 has. I truly believe that this will be my OS of choice for years to come unless Android cleans up some fragmentation and battery issues and iOS well....stops being to iOS-ey. lol. Which is impossible, but good for them.

I entered the smart phone world with WP7 so it's the only OS I know and I'm very happy with it. I happen to think is is the perfect OS for first time smart phone owners.

jtnichol

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Everything great. Coming from 3GS to this has been great.

One gripe is I keep getting a 86000108 error message when I try to sync the windows live account. Baffles me...I even deleted all emails from hotmail and all folders. Every calendar deleted...Created a new calendar then made it default. Unlinked all other accounts. Its really weird.

I've tried the MS help center. I don't even use Windows live or hotmail for anything anyway so I'm not sure what the hold up is.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Let me state this:

My experience with WP is like a.........relief. I'll rundown my smartphone experience:

Palm OS: My first "smartphone" which I loved. I had a green Palm Centro. I had my NES emulator, used my stylus, typed away to my friends, checked my email and appointments, was in love. The casing on the phone started to chip and peel so I decided to get me another phone in fear of my phone breaking

Windows Mobile 6.5 (?): Got the HTC Snap. Liked it better than my Centro. Camera was better (no flash though) and even though I was VERY scared of jumping on WM for the consistent complaints about it being laggy, I didn't have a lot of lag. It was little to none. This was the phone I kept switching back to over the years while I was trying out other phones. Left this phone due to my gaining interest in apps and the internet on my phone

WebOS: Great idea, bad execution and possibly a bad phone. I got the Palm Pixi and liked the idea and the whole cards thing, but my battery life was abysmal. That on top of freezes and a lack of application support, I sold it on ebay and went back to the snap

Android: Visited this twice. First was my Samsung Transform. Liked the whole customizing set-up at first but it got old, fast. Pretty soon I just wanted my phone to WORK on a good day. This phone was clocked faster than the Optimus (that came out at the same time) but the Optimus had a better user experience. Quickly left this and went onto Blackberry (posting next). I revisited Android after my iPhone 3GS (posting later) with the MyTouch 4G and loaded MIUI on it. Liked it a lot and was a much smoother experience, but was tired of opening a lot of applications to get to what I was trying to accomplish and was used to getting to everything within the OS (this was after using Windows Phone, coming up). So I ended up leaving this for the Nokia L900 later on down the line

Blackberry: VERY short visit. I had the Curve 8530 and got this after my Transform. Liked having a good keyboard again but the OS was just too dated. Went to iOS and prepaid

iOS: Finally. An operating system that performed everyday no matter the task. I got an iPhone 3GS. Having access to the latest apps and didn't have to worry about battery life was refreshing. Then, I got bored. My homescreen was just icons (Same thing ultimately I decided with Android and it's widgets). Boyfriend loved everything about it and took full use of the jailbreaking, but I didn't care for that. Then, I went to WP

Windows Phone: Initially, I went to this for two reasons: The promise of updates with Mango and Zune. Didn't think I would stick with this for long either. I was very surprised at how fluid it was (on par with iOS) and how integrated a lot of things were (Facebook, before the twitter/mango update). My HD7 was the biggest phone I've owned at the time and I liked everything about it. The keyboard is the best I've owned, the People hub was great to use, then came Mango and the group tiles were like HEAVEN. Also, it was GREAT that I didn't have to choose which songs I wanted to use my credits for on Zune to put on my device because of the Zune integration. I can put as much of my library on that storage allowed and not have to worry about my device not working with songs with DRM protection. I left WP and went to Android (MyTouch) because my boyfriend got an iPhone 4 after his Focus. I wanted to be up to date with apps, but I began to notice I barely played the popular games or used the apps most of the time. So I went to the L900. Feels like home. Offline a lot of my friends don't really care about WP but I don't care. I'm happy with what I have and it works for me. I now understand how people who can support unsupported OS and be completely satisfied. It's all about the user experience and what they get out of it, not about what's popular. If you're happy with the top-selling OS out there, then that's fine. But I've learned not to knock others for supporting OS' that aren't considered the cream of the crop. Not for me to judge because I didn't get the same experience.

BSiegel1

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
LTE Speeds

I purchased my 900 Lumina about one week ago and today while on business in Santa Clara CA I was finally able to give Att's LTE network a run...

17 Mbps down and 5 up (on average)

Not bad for Att...

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I think cckgz4 means supported by the consumer market, not by Microsoft. Better wording probably would have been underdog OS or minority OS.

dwlovell

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Love It. Got a White on the 21st with the 100$ credit. Life is good and the phone is too. (Came from HTC Arrive WP7 on Sprint)

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I am now!!!

I think my battery issues are gone with this new Lumia I got on Monday. Today my battery only drained to 61% at work with what I consider my normal usage. This is vastly improved from the past 2 weeks. I am very happy.

One co-worker stopped dead in his tracks today while I was sitting using it. He was practically drooling over it while he was messing with it. I may have converted him, he is ready to upgrade from his iPhone 3GS.

Another positive note. The vibrate on this Lumia is completely different from the first one I had. I mean not even close to the same. Absolutely no cheap rattle feel or sound at all. The vibrate overall is still a little weak but it feels very solid all over the phone now. No more toy electric razor sound when I use the touch buttons on the bottom.

wOOt wOOt!

Hypnopottamus

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
After following the Lumia 900 forum for a few weeks, I was hesitant to make the plunge from my Android device. All the bugs and issues people were reporting really put me on the fence about getting this device. I finally took the plunge. All I have to say is that I have NONE of the issues reported.

- The camera wakes up from sleep EVERY time.
- I have absolutely NO connectivity issues. My Lumia switches seemlessly between WiFi and LTE (I'm in LTE area so I'm curious about 4G/LTE handoff)
- I have yet to encounter the "back button" or "home button" bug when playing music through speakers. I also tested this while watching Netflix.
- The vibration issue I'm not so sure it is an issue. It sounds very different than any other device I've used, however, it is not annoying nor does it sound like there is anything wrong.
- The volume buttons work as they should even when coming out of sleep screen.

Overall, my experience thus far has been superb! The "lack" of apps is not really an issue. I seem to have found everything I was looking for. The only apps I miss are my banking and credit card apps. That is not a problem for me, though. I absolutely LOVE the integration of this OS...social and app wise. It's nice not to have to rely on a separate app for social networking. I love how Zune player links up w/ my podcast, radio, and internet streaming apps (BringCast, Cloud Music, Internet Radio Tuner, TuneIn Radio, Youtube Pro). I have access to everything in one place. Same can be said for Bing search. I can access IMDb from there if needed. Also, there's no need to get a separate music search app or barcode scanner app. Local scout is pretty good for finding anything I need nearby.

My Lumia has provided me with everything I needed/wanted to get out of my Android, but in a much easier and quicker fashion. I'm not going to promise that EVERYONE will have a stellar experience like I have, but I can say that there ARE Lumia 900's out there that aren't plagued with bugs like we see on forums. I guess I just got lucky? Needless to say, I'm never turning back now. This device is AWESOME and any limitations or shortcomings of the WP OS aren't as bad if you know what to expect. My advice to those on the fence about this device (or any WP device) is you have to really access what you want out of your device. If you want something that is easy and quick to use that just gets things done, you HAVE to get this. If you want customizability and the ability to hack and explore file systems, you'll absolutely HATE this device/OS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs