04-29-2012 04:17 PM
61 123
tools
    Seems with all of the negative press and the bugs people are reporting here, i want to know who is having a good experience with the 900? It is an awesome phone, and I am very much enjoying using it much more than my 4S.

Who else likes their phone???
    smoledman and Nataku4ca like this.
    04-22-2012 12:30 AM
    I like it. I've complained about a few things, but in general it is a solid phone.
    04-22-2012 12:55 AM
    I like it. I've complained about a few things, but in general it is a solid phone.
    same here loving the new white lumia 900 glad i traded he black one in for it looks 50 times better lol love it peace...
    smoledman likes this.
    04-22-2012 12:59 AM
    My wife and I love ours. Got them yesterday. I'm and Android tablet user but I am impressed with the 900s.
    nokia4life likes this.
    04-22-2012 01:03 AM
    same here loving the new white lumia 900 glad i traded he black one in for it looks 50 times better lol love it peace...
    Really? maybe I should check it out tomorrow.
    04-22-2012 01:04 AM
    Love my Lumia!!!! No complaints!
    smoledman likes this.
    04-22-2012 01:17 AM
    Really? maybe I should check it out tomorrow.
    i am telling you for real dude its nice, no lie i got it at one corp store then later on had to go to another because i was in a different city with my family when i noticed the visual vm didn't work i went into this other corp store they were like what the h@## dude that is sweet where did you get that one i was like um the other att corp store about 20 miles from here they had no idea that the white was already being sold. but the cool thing is when they all whipped out theirs asking what games i had. moral of the story this white one stands out.
    04-22-2012 01:20 AM
    I've had mine since 9 April, and I've had no problems at all. I am very happy with this device.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    smoledman likes this.
    04-22-2012 01:37 AM
    So far perfect except for a failed first attempt at applying the Skinomi screen protector but that was my fault...
    04-22-2012 01:41 AM
    My lumia raped me last night.
    MAERSK and socialcarpet like this.
    04-22-2012 01:53 AM
    So far perfect except for a failed first attempt at applying the Skinomi screen protector but that was my fault...
    I messed mine up as well.

Loving my experience with the lumia but noticinga few quirks

Sent from my Le Lumia using Board Express
    04-22-2012 01:55 AM
    My lumia raped me last night.
    You can't rape the willing...
    04-22-2012 02:17 AM
    I totally am loving this phone. No issues yo report does what it's supposed to

04-22-2012 03:25 AM
    I really like mine. I changed it out yesterday due to the clicking sound on the top corner, now the new one has the purplish tinge on light.

I still love it and more everyday as i find new things about it.
    04-22-2012 08:53 AM
    Loving it. Can't seem to put it down.
    04-22-2012 09:02 AM
    Exactly how I would put it.

04-22-2012 10:11 AM
    I love mine and its a great experience thus far. I've had mine for 9 days now. I started using it side by side with my LTE Droid Bionic. I wanted to make sure that I could do everything on this phone that I was doing on the VZW phone with Android. Sure, there are apps missing, but as some others have said in other threads, I didn't need them. I, too, downloaded the Facebook app, but I've opened it twice maybe. The social hub takes care of so much. I've been able to create, edit, and send documents with very little effort. As a matter of fact, my only issue is the inability to print from the phone. I do miss that.

I have 2 BT headsets: a Jawbone Icon and a Sony stereo headset. Both paired flawlessly and worked wonderfully. Plus, the way that Windows Phone does messaging over BT is awesome. It prompts you if you want the message read or replied to. Creeped me out the first time it happened, but I love it. Very convenient!

I don't have a computer at home for reasons we won't get into, so everything I do is on this phone now. Most every page I pull up renders fine. Pinch to zoom is so much smoother on here than on my Dolphin browser on the Bionic. Its quite the different experience completely. There are some issues as others noted with drop down menus and such, but that's a minor annoyance to me and again, growing pains and I hope for it to be rectified going forward.

Phone calls and messaging work as they should. No problems there. I do enjoy the toast notifications very much. It's clean and unobtrusive. Android's notification area can get really cluttered. That does bug me if I come back to my phone after being away and its all over the place. I like how the live tiles that update show how many notifications you have per app at a glance. Really convenient. Someone mentioned on another thread about a live tile that collects all notifications on one area, but I don't think that's needed. It's double the work really. Keep it as is per tile.

Music is ok so far. I had a Slacker subscription, so I began using it. AT&T's implementation is pretty shoddy. I can't blame M$ for that. I might try a Zune subscription next month. I've read good things and seems like the experience should be fine, if not better. There's a 3rd party app that I downloaded to search and get free music called Fildo. It kinda sucks and isn't stable. It does allow me to search and download, but when it comes to going back to access the music, it isn't working right and crashes the app. And there's no way to get the songs otherwise.

Back to apps for a moment...For the most part, I've found the replacements for apps that I use often or similar ones. I've got my gchat, gvoice, Gooroovester, etc. Some differences here and there, but that's acceptable to me being in a different OS environment. It's growing on me quickly. Just like when I first moved to Android.

I didn't get into the camera as I've only taken minimal photos, but you know, they were all indoors and I'm a pretty fair photog and they all turned out great so far. Took pics of my Bionic to sell on Craigslist. That's the end of that. Looks like I'm keeping it ;-).

Oh, and this whole thing was written on the Lumia 900. Love this keyboard!
    Last edited by jbjtkbw007; 04-22-2012 at 10:23 AM. Reason: spelling
    Ordeith likes this.
    04-22-2012 10:14 AM
    till now loving it with no problems as such ..

Visual Voicemail works fine ,nokia specific tune in aradio and weather channel apps work great
    with live tiles and all..

compared to samsung focus flash ,this one has been a better wp7 experience...
    04-22-2012 11:05 AM
    My lumia is great. I had the data issue two days after using the phone but Nokia did great by releasing an update less than a week later. I had the original focus before the lumia and enjoyed my experience on that phone as well. However, I am enjoying the Nokia apps much more than the apps provided by Samsung. I really like the Nokia drive app and the creative studio too. The larger screen makes my iPhone (work phone) look so small. Overall, I am really enjoying this phone.

04-22-2012 11:29 AM
    I think my personal love/hate ratio is 80/20. I love the device and I am very surprised at how awesome AT&T has been. You can comb through my posting history and find a lot of complaints (flaky WiFi, terrible camera, camera button wakes phone some days and not others), but the only real showstopper is the horrible camera and I'm really optimistic that Nokia will address this sooner rather than later. If I had to choose between the iPhone 4S, the Galaxy Nexus, or the Lumia 900, I'd pick the 900 every day of the week.

Still, I'm going to continue to complain about the things that need improvement as problems arise.
    04-22-2012 11:41 AM
    Been on a honeymoon with my L900 since April 6th and don't expect it to end anytime soon. Never had an data issues, then or now. I have not checked for the purple screen (always set to auto) cause if haven't seen it in everyday use. I haven't checked for creaks in the corners either, because if I haven't noticed it after two weeks, it's probably not very important. Yes, if I tap above my camera I hear a little rattle, but for all we know maybe is "should" be there (has Nokia clarified one way or the other) and it does not bother me in any case. Yes, the vibration is different on this phone, but not better or worse. Just different. Camera works fine for me, as I don't print out portraits for a living.

Rarely, when I tap the back button, the multitask screen will pop up (probably a time or sensitivity issue). And a few time the camera button has failed to wake up the phone, but I am confident that Nokia is working on these and other little nits I have yet to uncover. Would recommend this phone to anybody. Thoroughly enjoying the experience.

jbjtkbw007 likes this.
    04-22-2012 11:48 AM
    I'm doing around 90/10 (in favour)

Good:

- Zune Pass. If you listen to music and have a WP, you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't have this.

- People Hub. I don't do much on FB, the people hub keeps me more than satisfied.

To the power users here, I must provide a disclaimer: I've never "checked in" anywhere at any point during my life...except at airports to check my luggage in, but thats about it :)

- Applications. YES. Applications. I like the selection. I have all I need:

- Netflix
    - Nokia maps/drive/transit
    - CNN
    - BBC
    - Times
    - Yelp
    - Youtube Pro
    - My bank

Thats it. I don't know if that makes me a "light" app user, however, I don't get why anyone would need more. I already feel like I have too many.

I might be a luddite in that sense.

- Usual Nokia stuff: Great Build Quality, Call Quality, Battery life

If a phone doesn't have those 3 attributes, you might as well not even buy it.

The bad:

- IE9 is OK. It does the job and sometimes, even does it well. However, its not perfect.

- It sometimes slows down on my wifi network...but I live in a 4G LTE area and thats blazing fast. Its creepy how fast LTE is.

- Volume Rocker. This is a HUGE one. I need the volume rocker TO FUNCTION WHEN THE SCREEN IS TURNED OFF. It....doesn't most of the time.

I mean, if it was a design choice, then OK. Its a stupid design choice, but, you know what, fine. However, the fact that they do work some of the times indicates to me that there is a bug. And that pisses me off.

Again, let me reiterate: 90/10.
    jbjtkbw007 likes this.
    04-22-2012 12:09 PM
    Me.

I haven't had a single problem. I didn't even have the data connection issue before the update, but I ran the update anyway.

My phone has been perfect.
    04-22-2012 01:05 PM
    So far a good experience.

Peeves:

* when in XBox Live there is no "home" link to get back to the main hub if you're deep in some part of it.

* how do I access volume controls for audio except on the lock screen or in Zune? I'd like to be able to access them from anywhere. Shouldn't have to hit power 2x to get the lockscreen.
    04-22-2012 01:20 PM
    So far a good experience.

Peeves:

* when in XBox Live there is no "home" link to get back to the main hub if you're deep in some part of it.

* how do I access volume controls for audio except on the lock screen or in Zune? I'd like to be able to access them from anywhere. Shouldn't have to hit power 2x to get the lockscreen.
    Just press the volume buttons. The music controls will pop down.
    04-22-2012 01:58 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD