Screen has a Purplish hue - White L900

spampy2

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Just exchanged the Cyan for the white one and I have purplelish hue keyboard and on any white screen It's only when it's on Auto Brightness or Manual Low. If I set it to medium it looks great! This is my fourth windows phone device and never have I seen this hue before. Seems like it could be fixed with a software update.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I swapped my Cyan for a White one I'm having the same issue even in auto bright it only shows when it dims to the lowest level.

matthidinger

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I also exchanged my cyan for a white and just started noticing this problem when I got home and in dim light. Its pretty annoying and I was hoping an isolated hardware fault so that I could exchange it. Now I'm not so sure

jsntrenkler

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Kind of sucks but I can live with it. Anyone else notice a little light leak on the lower left and rjght hand corners of the phone when the soft keys illuminate? That is actually starting to bug me.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

prathyushms

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I exchanged my black Lumia 900 for white one and I have the same purple keyboard/scroll line problem in the dim light. will it be fixed or does anyone think it is defective unit so that we can get it replaced? anyone else who got white Lumia 900 is not having this issue?

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
have the same issue but haven't noticed it until I read the forum. Doesn't bug me at all. The only thing annoys me is the rattle. Gonna exchange it in 3 weeks so hopefully this issues will get fixed by then.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
i also exchanged my black for a white one and i have the purple hue as well on the keyboard and when on auto it doesn't bug me too much but hopefully this gets fixed with another firmware update over all liking this one.

jfreiman

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I was helping out a friend today with her new cyan Lumia and it was behaving as expected - then we/I updated the firmware and then the keyboard went to purple.

Like everyone else has mentioned, it only happens on auto it low.

I also have the a Lumia 900 and it does not exhibit the same purple hue.

I tested them side by side. :-/

JetLife87

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
http://forums.windowscentral.com/lumia-900-ace/190168-2.htm#post1653742

I also experienced this issue on my cyan lumia and others have also. Its becoming more common it seems with the newer and newer phones. My original cyan lumia didn't have the purple hue. But my replacement and two other replacements did. I suggest we contact Nokia and inform them of the problem. They told me I should return it, after 3 phones and the same issue ill try a different time

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss