The White 900 was really cool, but cyan is the one for me

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Saw the white 900 today, and it was really cool. Very clean, should pop and I like that all color themes look great.

With that said, I love my 1970's cyan "Batman Blue," and will be stocking with it!

Had white come out first, I'd probably have gotten that. Although the att store I went to today said that sales are going really well and their will probably be more colors.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Thing is I might have gotten the white if was matte-white. Blue didn't impress me as much in person, a bit too light. In the end, the black-matte is the best of the 3 without a doubt.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Saw the white 900 today, and it was really cool. Very clean, should pop and I like that all color themes look great.

With that said, I love my 1970's cyan "Batman Blue," and will be stocking with it!

Had white come out first, I'd probably have gotten that. Although the att store I went to today said that sales are going really well and their will probably be more colors.

Love the Cyan "Batman Blue" too! But have you noticed, in low lit rooms, it sometimes looks "Aquaman Teal"?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I traded my Cyan for a White one yesterday. I was kind of forced to the local stores are sold out of Cyan and the manager told me there is a list waiting on the Cyan model. I was having serious data issues with my pre launch Cyan Lumia. I tried the update but PC went blue screen on my during the update somehow the device came up and started working but I don't trust it. The store told me I could take what they had or wait for the Cyan to restock so I took a white Lumia. The white is nice but that glossy finish is going to scratch easily. I got the zag skin to cover the crome bezel because I was worried about scratching it but I got a supper fine scratch in the white gloss even before I got the zag installed. I hope I didn't make a mistake changing. On a good note the charger matched the phone now and looks much cooler plugged in.

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
A part of me regrets taking the White over Cyan (my local stores were sold out, too), but in the end I'm tired of swapping phones. Besides, Cyan will be the most popular and I can use any theme color I want now.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
See, that's the thing. The color theme freedom is nice to have. Cyan looks best with blue and sort f magenta, but not too much else.

White case time!

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I exchanged mine today for a bad battery. Checked out the white but don't like the glossy finish. Sticking with black.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Thing is I might have gotten the white if was matte-white. Blue didn't impress me as much in person, a bit too light. In the end, the black-matte is the best of the 3 without a doubt.

Agreed. The matte finish is key for me. I hate glossy plastic on anything, especially electronics.

I may have considered the white if it was matte, but the cyan was what I wanted all along anyway and it's what I got. The black looks very nice, but I'm burned out on the "black slab" look that every phone has now. One of the things I love about my phone is that you can't mistake it for anything else. I think that's important for Nokia right now. They need an instantly recognizable phone. The iPhone is just about the only other phone out there I can think of which is as recognizable (Well Blackberries are too I guess)
Every Android phone looks like every other Android phone. They just keep getting thinner with bigger screens.

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I exchanged mine yesterday for a white. Less slippery, which is what sold me... That and the look. Won't lie :-D

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I traded my Cyan for a White one yesterday. I was kind of forced to the local stores are sold out of Cyan and the manager told me there is a list waiting on the Cyan model. I was having serious data issues with my pre launch Cyan Lumia. I tried the update but PC went blue screen on my during the update somehow the device came up and started working but I don't trust it. The store told me I could take what they had or wait for the Cyan to restock so I took a white Lumia. The white is nice but that glossy finish is going to scratch easily. I got the zag skin to cover the crome bezel because I was worried about scratching it but I got a supper fine scratch in the white gloss even before I got the zag installed. I hope I didn't make a mistake changing. On a good note the charger matched the phone now and looks much cooler plugged in.

Is your Zagg protector custom or is it something that can be bought in a store?

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I have that slim case on mine right now only because it gives a little space from the chrome camera bezel. May check out that zagg cover tonight.

nyc_boy

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Swapped my black with this new white. I don't like the Glossy finish on the back so I covered it with Zagg. Now it looks glossy on the front a little bit and matte on the back. I'm loving it.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
No sirrrrrrrrrrrr not a scratch on mine been 4 days of use this bad boy gonna stay nude

pmlittle7

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Blue didn't impress me as much in person

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I liked the white, the back reminded me of the same material the iphone 3gs is made of. It actually looked almost kind of cheap.

I am happy with the black one, but the Cyan one I think looks the best. If there were any Cyan ones available i would have probably traded for one today (Paying the $35 restocking fee of course)

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Original Cyan owner. Loved it to death. Traded when I got the data bug, but they were sold out of Cyan, but were able to get me a White three days early.

Friend has Black, boss has Cyan, I have White. I must be unique! I love the Nokia Blue theme, plus the 'freedom' to use whatever theme color I want.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs