Updated 900 started getting Data problems

elvisff

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
This morning my 900 is refusing to retrieve data from ATT. It shows 4G on the bar, and ATT under the cellular data tab in settings. It was working yesterday and I am stumped. Any suggestions? I was able to access ATT's data through another phone this morning so I know that atleast 3g is working in the area.

ad2107

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
This morning my 900 is refusing to retrieve data from ATT. It shows 4G on the bar, and ATT under the cellular data tab in settings. It was working yesterday and I am stumped. Any suggestions? I was able to access ATT's data through another phone this morning so I know that atleast 3g is working in the area.
Same here. I'm having trouble accessing my email accounts, facebook, and browsing the web.

I put my sim into my Samsung Focus S and everything works just fine.

*EDIT* - I keep getting this error code when trying to sync my emails: 80072efd

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
must be a network issue. same symptoms out of nowhere this am.

I get no data at all, then email starts flowing but still cant browse.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Im having exact same problem as well this morning. Any one know what's going now with our L900?

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Boston Ma. and so far my DATA is fine even after reboots. Are all of you guys on the West coast? May be an LTE issue.

ad2107

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Boston Ma. and so far my DATA is fine even after reboots. Are all of you guys on the West coast? May be an LTE issue.
Yeah, I'm in SF, California. I have no data issues with the Focus S, so hopefully this is a temporary problem with LTE.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah we're on West Coast. Contact AT&T she is indicating there is a data outtage. She doesn't sound confidence when she gave me the answer. Going to wait few more hours and call them back.

tsmorty

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
New Mexico

I am in Farmington, NM and having similar issues. I woke up this morning and nothing was working. After a couple of power cycles and about an hour later some apps and email work. Browser is still kicking 502 bad gateway to me. Other apps not working as well such as wordament.

I do not have LTE in this area just HSPDA+. I connected to wi-fi for a little and turned it back off. After that I was able to get some stuff working, but browsing and other apps still a no-go

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
San Jose, California..

No network...I was thinking about going in and exchanging , ill give it til end of the day.

This is an LTE are as well.

Last edited:

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I am in Farmington, NM and having similar issues. I woke up this morning and nothing was working. After a couple of power cycles and about an hour later some apps and email work. Browser is still kicking 502 bad gateway to me. Other apps not working as well such as wordament.

I do not have LTE in this area just HSPDA+. I connected to wi-fi for a little and turned it back off. After that I was able to get some stuff working, but browsing and other apps still a no-go

Exact same problem here in Orange County, CA.

At least it's not a problem with my Lumia.:blush:

tsmorty

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Other Phones

Oh and I had some other staff test their non-windows phones and they worked fine. Also tried a Samsung Focus Flash and LG Quamtum that our stff use and they worked fine. Glad that my email is at least going since I have to leave my office soon. The fact that my email is working and apps like WP7News and TechNews yet others not is odd. I was thinkign a possible DNS issue, but I turned on Wi-fi browsed to a page and then turned off wi-fi and then it didnt' work. Kinda Strange. I don't know if I buy that it is the same memory management error since I am getting some data.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Oh and I had some other staff test their non-windows phones and they worked fine. Also tried a Samsung Focus Flash and LG Quamtum that our stff use and they worked fine. Glad that my email is at least going since I have to leave my office soon. The fact that my email is working and apps like WP7News and TechNews yet others not is odd. I was thinkign a possible DNS issue, but I turned on Wi-fi browsed to a page and then turned off wi-fi and then it didnt' work. Kinda Strange. I don't know if I buy that it is the same memory management error since I am getting some data.
Agree! I'm using my work Blackberry HOTSPOT to access data right now. :)

tsmorty

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Time of Problem

Did everyones happen about the same time? The synchronized time of the issues makes me lean to a carrier issue. Bugs just don't align like this. Mine died sometime early this morning. My outlook showed last time it got email was about 1:00am MST.

elvisff

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the central valley, CA and we don't have LTE here yet. I am wondering if the problem is with the 4g network too, because my coworker's Focus still picks up and downloads off of 3g fine. Like others I am able to receive email and even limited facebook updates in my people hub, but get errors anytime I try to access my IE. Seeing that others are having similiar problems, it gives me a little comfort that I am not having a phone problem. Thanks for the quick responses.

stomper622

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Sacramento, CA with a Lumia 900 and I also have no data connection.

Tried power cycling the phone a couple of times, but that did not help.

Hopefully ATT can give us an update.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm in Sacramento, CA with a Lumia 900 and I also have no data connection.

Tried power cycling the phone a couple of times, but that did not help.

Hopefully ATT can give us an update.
Hopefully WPCENTRAL can chime in and let us know what the heck is going on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)