Unresponsive While Charging

brotherqwerty

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed using the ATT USB charger with the same specs as the Nokia charger that my phones touch screen is unresponsive or very very lagging. As soon as I disconnect the phone is fine.

Anyone else seen this?

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I found that my tmobile micro-usb I used with my lumia also made the screen laggy. It was hard to swipe. Once I put a screen protector on my lumia, the phone was much more responsive. The Lumia Charger thou is the one I use 100% of the time now.

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Defective charger maybe? Exchange it, test new one in the store before leaving. That would be my recommendation, provided it wasn't a charger you already had that is.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
my focus s and focus both did this using their original chargers, my lumia will do it sometimes (using the nokia charger) as well.

it seems (to me at least) to be some kind of bug/flaw in the OS and not hardware specific...

EddyKilowatt

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Touchscreens are *very* sensitive to electrical noise... such as that put out by cheap or improperly spec'd chargers. So a different charger would definitely be on the list of things to try.

Can anyone correlate an unresponsive screen with whether or not the charger cord has a ferrite core (EMI suppressor) on it? Those cores specifically block, or at least reduce, the kind of interference that bothers touchscreen circuits.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss