Anyone notice that this phone takes forever to charge?

wastegate

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
So I've had this phone for about a week now and when I plug her in to charge, using the provided charger, it takes 3 - 4 hours for it to charge fully. And this is when the phone has still got about 1/4 to 1/3 of juice still left. Anyone else notice this? This is a concern for me as I can hardly get through the day with one full charge and if it takes forever to charge plugged into a wall, it can tie me down uncessairly. Does the battery life improve with use? Some input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes, i've noticed..i do not differently as my focus S took forever to charge as well.

Im assuming normal for WP7 phones,

wastegate

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes, i've noticed..i do not differently as my focus S took forever to charge as well.

Im assuming normal for WP7 phones,

Well, that sucks! Especially since these phones do not have removable batteries. Means that you're stuck waiting or have to leave the phone at home to charge. This might be a deal breaker for me.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Mine takes about 2-2.5 hours. No different than my Androids did. I have had mine for exactly 2 weeks as of today.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Just checked the history in my Battery Status app and I went from 33% at 2:04am to 100% (the first time) at 4:04am. App checks every 10 minutes so the above numbers are +/- 10 min. My experience has been about 3 hours for a full charge, below 10% to 100%. I use a USB backup charger for walking around the house though. Beats being tethered to the wall.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Mine seems to charge pretty fast. Comparing to my Focus S, it's crazy fast.

My iPhone and BlackBerry can charge up the fastest though.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Just checked the history in my Battery Status app and I went from 33% at 2:04am to 100% (the first time) at 4:04am. App checks every 10 minutes so the above numbers are +/- 10 min. My experience has been about 3 hours for a full charge, below 10% to 100%. I use a USB backup charger for walking around the house though. Beats being tethered to the wall.

Which app are you using? A Marketplace search for "Battery Status" did not find anything.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Sorry. Its a homebrew (sideloaded) app available at XDA-Developers. I registered as a Developer last year to access the registry to troubleshoot Live Tiles and endpoints (a long story). Decided to renew my dev registration ($99/year) because the few apps I have sideloaded are essential for me:
-BatteryStatus - shows battery percent in a Live Tile and includes a graph of battery usage since last restart
-Screen Capturer - takes screenshot
-Folders - create folders/hubs on your Start screen to quick access/launch apps.

These apps are not pemitted in Marketplace as they use APIs that are not allowed. None of these mess with your registry though, so no stability issues.

Ok, now back on topic.

The def star

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Mine usually takes about 2.5 hours through the wall charger when it's almost depleted and about 4 hours through the USB cable with my computer. Faster than my HD7 but then I had that since launch.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Mine has never taken 2.5 hours to charge via wall charger I would say it was less than an hour. A far as USB that would be a little over 95 Mins and is expected since it does not out out as much power as a wall.charger

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Mine charges very fast. Much much faster than my Focus. If I let it charge for about 2 hours from empty it will almost be full again.

MF73

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I've had my wireless charger for about three weeks now. Initially I was pretty impressed at the speed, not far off a mains charger, but the last couple of days it is really slow, was on for 3 hours this morning on my desk and put an additional 10% in. Also the phone now seems to be getting hotter than usual when lifting it off the charger. Has anyone else had a problem with the speed of charging slowing right down? Or maybe something in the background is draining my battery quickly, anyway I can check what apps are using my battery?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro