what is the benefit of buying the Lumia 900 no commitment?

nite732

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I guess if your already under contract with Att and you can only purchase for the no commitment price, the depending on which phone you have could be a benefit. For example if you are switching from an Iphone or a good androrid phone you can sell it on ebay or craigslist and sometimes get well over 400 bucks depending on which phone you have. I sold my 32gig Iphone for 575 so the benefit was for me to get the no commitment price of 449 minus 100 from nokia =349. So I still get a 226 profit and my phone.

ftap

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
$450 brand new off contract is a great price for a smartphone.

Well it was a great price until Google/Samsung decided yesterday to sell the Galaxy Nexus unlocked pentaband off contract for $399! Works on even the $10/month AT&T family unlimited data plan.

But getting back to the Lumia 900.

Some people don't qualify for upgrade pricing. Or some people want to save their upgrade
for upcoming new super phones. Windows 8 phones, Galaxy S3, sixth gen iPhone all coming up and rest assure some of those phones won't cost $450 full price, especially the iPhone.

Thuoudo

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a similar thinking here. Looking to get $300 for my Vivid and then I can pay up the balance of $475.
We Wisconsinites have good ideas ;)
$450 brand new off contract is a great price for a smartphone.
Funny story about that. After I wrote my last post in this thread, I went to the ATT store. The guy asked if I was renewing a contract or starting new service, and when I said "buying it outright," he replied with "...I wouldn't do it for that phone, but that's me." OK, don't sell a $450 phone :straight: Before I mentioned I was a WP user already, he probably hadn't pegged me as a walkover.

But I didn't walk out with one :blush: Anyway...

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like the OP has money to burn if he can buy a 900 off contract.

Actually, buying it off contract is the thing to do if you want to save money. Use it on an MVNO instead of AT&T and within 7 months you will have saved $450-$550 (price of the phone off contract, minimum) and within a year you will have saved hundreds of dollars than if you bought the phone on contract from AT&T.

ggabriele3

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
For me, it's partly a matter of principle. ATT has been absolutely horrible despite my using them for many years. Why should I commit to them if I don't have to? Why let ATT be the one to choose when i'm allowed to have a new phone?

I have an iPhone 4, i'm eligible for an upgrade, and I bought the 900 off contract.
If i end up hating it, i'll return it with no problem.
If i end up loving it, i'll still want to upgrade my device next year, and $450 is fine for a device that gets used as much as a smartphone.
If i end up loving it, but the iPhone 5 turns out to be MINDBLOWING, i'll sell the 900 and have my upgrade for the iPhone 5.

it's hedging my bets, kinda.

allied1984

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
The reason why i paid out right price for the lumia 900 was because im not going to wast an upgrade on it while its reasonabilty prices. The 449 - 125 for my inspire plus the 100 bucks off from nokia on the next bill was like paying 224 plus tax for a brand new phone. So had to purchase out right and to contracts are such a drag.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The reason why i paid out right price for the lumia 900 was because im not going to wast an upgrade on it while its reasonabilty prices. The 449 - 125 for my inspire plus the 100 bucks off from nokia on the next bill was like paying 224 plus tax for a brand new phone. So had to purchase out right and to contracts are such a drag.

"HEY Yooooooooooooo" yessssssss haaahahhaa yesss.:D

Sasquatch76

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I've been month to month with AT&T for a while now. It just feels better to buy a phone outright and have the option to leave whenever you wish.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon