I'm working out at my clubhouse's gym and I'm connected at full strength to my apartment's personal router (next to the clubhouse). I'd be lucky to even get 2 bars with my Surround or Focus. I guess the 900 has a farther reach?
    04-24-2012 05:03 PM
    I've always heard fantastic things about Nokia antenna\radios. I noticed the same thing - in my basement far from my router I get full bars and great speed.
    04-24-2012 06:09 PM
    All plastic uni-body probably blocks a lot less signal than other phone chassis.
    04-24-2012 06:38 PM
    All plastic uni-body probably blocks a lot less signal than other phone chassis.
    Good point! We can't "hold it wrong".
    04-24-2012 06:53 PM
    I just switched from a Focus S to a 900 and the first thing I noticed was how it pulled my wifi signal at work. Nice to know that others are seeing the same gains.
    04-24-2012 08:09 PM
    Just switched from a 3GS, if I was 10ft out of the house WiFi would lose signal or have 1-2bars.

Halfway across the parking lot my 900 gets full signal! Nokia has some beastly engineering team.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-27-2012 08:02 PM
    Polycarbonate. Its polycarbonate. Plastic sounds, well cheap. The L900 is not cheap. Well it is at $99, but now I am all confused.

Polycarbonates, known by the trademarked names Lexan, Makrolon, Makroclear and others, are a particular group of thermoplastic polymers. They are easily worked, molded, and thermoformed. Because of these properties, polycarbonates find many applications. Polycarbonates do not have a unique plastic identification code and are identified as Other

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-27-2012 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD