Occasional lag

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
So I initially thought it was just screen response but after trying a series of tests there is definitely a lag issue with my 900. I assume I am not the only one so maybe others can test too.

First test - you need to be a fast typist to make this one occur. Type a text as fast as you can and let auto-correct finish as many words as possible. You will start typing much faster than the 900 can handle and auto-corrected words will fill in very slowly. I could never type faster than my other Windows Phones but I beat the 900 a lot.

Second test - play wordament. If you swipe even a little fast it's easy to get ahead of the 900 and it will miss letters, get stuck on letters or just go none responsive for a second.

Other people are reporting issues with various game response too.

I tried wordament on my friends 900 and it has the same issue.

Hopefully this is something a simple firmware can fix.. I am not a fan of the lag at all.

identity-x

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue before the first update. Noticed it trying to keep up with typing and lagged stuttered while using some of apps.

Lots of folks were saying it was just the way Nokia set the 900 to scroll, but it wasn't that. Two different things.

Either way...the scrolling got better with the update AND the lag seemed to get better for me. Doesn't happen as often and I think the keyboard has been fairly responsive since.

Surely an issue that can be dealt with...never had stutter issues with my Focus

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Haven't seen a single bit of lag so far.

Do you play wordament? If so (and are at least somewhat good at it) please tell me if the phone can keep up with you. Because I can outpace it every time and it just gives up and goes non responsive on me when I swipe too fast.

It does it in plenty of other games too but that is the best one to make it go crazy on.

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you're just too quick. Better on the 900 than other aspects of your life.

It's not me :) It's the 900 for sure. My Focus, a Radar, a Titan and a HD7 all work "normal" and don't exhibit lag issues. Like I said it's not just in games.Texting lags and my screen will hitch a little from time to time. Things that never happened on my other phones.

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
So I returned my Cyan 900 yesterday and got a white one. I couldn't deal with the lag.

So I tested wordament on the new phone and it was better but not perfect. I sent a few texts and they were slow and laggy like the first one.. I was a little disappointed to say the least. Also the vibrate sounds worse on the white one than the cyan one.

As with many others I have the purple screen issue with the white phone. I set my brightness to medium and turned off auto brightness. That corrected the purple issue but it also made the lag in wordament and texting way better. Texting was perfect after that and wordament was 99% better than it was.

Not sure if the auto brightness has an issue or what. I wish I had my cyan one to see if that would fix it's lag issues too.

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
The game Penguin definitely lags a lot. However, I have no text lag at all, even when i'm typing in nonsense as fast as i can.

I installed Penguin and cannot get it to lag at all. I had that little sucker blasting across the screen too.

I have not been able to get my phone to lag at all since it all of a sudden was better.

Touch response still isn't perfect but it's good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss