Let's get a thread going about great apps for this phone/W7.

wastegate

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Noboday???

I'll start then. I haven't had a Windows OS or Nokia phone in like a decade, but I'm really liking the Nokia map & turn by turn navi app. It works as well as Google maps and no lag whatsoever!

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I like the wpcentral app, garmin app, cnn app by nokia, espn app by nokia, carbon twitter app, pageonce, the weather channel, local scout, tuninradio, wikinvest,groupon, netflix, star chart, evernote, dictionary.com, livescape, police scanner, board express pro, MLB AT BAT 12, baconit, fandango, IMDb, opentable, office, translater, vevo, those are the ones i have installed and use daily.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Mehdoh, CleverToDo,Two-Tap Reminder, SkyWallet, SkyMusic, Parcel Tracker, SportsScores, MobileFax, Car Log, SpeedDialTiles TileNotes Pro, Weave, Smart Shopping, Sports Calendar, Share Folder, Notesly+, Tile Checklist, Score Mobile

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

statom

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
AP, Board Express, Cocktail Flow, ESPN Score Center, Fandango, Flixter, Flashlight7, IMDB, Pageonce, Last.FM, Stop The Music, Weather (Channel), WP Shortcut Tiles

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
My top Apps:

First off: OneNote is simply the best app ever. I love how I can use it on my Windows PC and sync it. The only issue is that they haven't made a MAC version of this app. if they ever do, I would pay up to $500 for it. I have thought about buying windows and putting it on my Mac just to use this app. Simply OneNote for windows phone which is part of the Office Hub is the best thing about WindowsPhone period. It is one of the most powerful productivity apps ever!

Here are the top apps I use :)

1. Rowi
  2. Gtasks Plus (google calendar task manager)
  3. Mythings to do (another task manager)
  4. Facebook App
  5. ESPN (by Nokia)
  6. ESPN ScoreCenter
  7. Seattle Traffic Map (one of the most used apps)
  8. Board Express pro
  9. CNN (by Nokia)
  10. Amazon Kindle (for College E-Books in PDF Format)
  11. Fhotoroom (it is kind of like instagram only worse) haha
  12. Reinstaller (you can reinstall all your apps when you switch phones or have an issue that requires a hard reset)
  13. Stop the Music!
  14. Thumpa photo editor
  15. Thumpa Cam
  16. weather
  17. Yelp

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Board Express Pro is cool. I saw some negative reviews, but I've had no issues with it.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I like Reader2Go do RSS feeds, since it syncs with Google Reader and shows most recent feed in Live Tiles.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
What is the difference between these two?

Nokia ESPN app: is mostly a news reader. The downside is that it doesn't work with myESPN. (your teams ect...). If ESPN/Nokia add support for myESPN then there would be no need for ScoreCenter.

ScoreCenter: is an espn app that actually uses your myESPN account. You can just browse the teams you want to follow. The bad thing about ScoreCenter is that it puts adds on top of the navigation menu when viewing a game. Kind of sucks.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Nokia ESPN app: is mostly a news reader. The downside is that it doesn't work with myESPN. (your teams ect...). If ESPN/Nokia add support for myESPN then there would be no need for ScoreCenter.

ScoreCenter: is an espn app that actually uses your myESPN account. You can just browse the teams you want to follow. The bad thing about ScoreCenter is that it puts adds on top of the navigation menu when viewing a game. Kind of sucks.

Thanks! I don't have a myESPN account anyway. That helps, though. :)

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
You can sign up for one for free :) its great to see newa/scores just for your team

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You can sign up for one for free :) its great to see newa/scores just for your team

I might do that when football season starts.

I don't care for baseball. I love basketball and football. Unfortunately, the Cavs are about done, and the Browns will not be starting for a while.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb