Zagg Shield or Naked Lumia 900?

teski

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Also posting in the main forum for feedback.

I got the Zagg installed at the local ATT store this evening and the guy seems to have blotched it. I think its the dry install since he didn't use any liquid. The alignment is a little off and there a couple of big *** bubbles the size of acne. It was the last one and so they couldn't change it. He said the bubbles will be gone in a couple of days.

Question is can I return it and get my money back? Is my nokia screen ruined if I let it cure? On my previous iPhone never had a shield and not had a scratch in the 3 yrs I had it. The only reason I considered the screen protector was the nokia glass was getting a lot dirtier than the iPhone with all the smudges and dulling. Please let me know what I should do based on your experience. Thanks.

Yes, you can take it back. I decided to try one, and the lady at my AT&T insisted on putting the back on. It was crooked, part of it covered the camera flash, and there was a hair under it. :mad: I took it off and stuck it back in the box and they had no problem crediting my account.

vizagdude

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I use my NL900 Black stark Naked. But I am thinking about having the Ghost Armor full body. I had that on my other devices and it really helps. It sill lets you show-off the device in it's entirety while protecting it from scratches and stuff. If you drop the device, that's a whole different story.

I am waiting for the guy in the mail to get this for NL900 device so that he can apply it himself. I don't have to worry about the bubbles and stuff.

HifiGuy900

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everybody. Returned mine to ATT store and got the money back. Much better naked. Dont want to take away from the beauty of the phone with the rubbery (condom-ish) Zagg.

steve70

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Totally bare naked. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I put a Zagg shield on my old Samsung Focus. Over time, the edges peeled away very slightly but enough for it to have a really ugly look and feel.

With the Lumia 900, I've decided to just enjoy the great design of the phone. I don't want to wrap it in gel rubber or anything like that. I might have considered a screen protector -- not because I'm worried about scratches, but because I don't like the fingerprints -- but allowed my negative experience with Zagg to steer me away.

Naked just feels... nice... :)

Naked does feel nice. Just got the wife a "stormtrooper" 900 today. Couldn't imagine covering it up. First white phone I can actually say I would own. If my Titan wasn't unlocked, I might just be jealous. Instead I'm elated she finally had her fill with her previous device. Kind of ironic the NFL draft is currently happening, she just might have been drafted with the "passes" I've witnessed the last phone go through lol.

rjansen3

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I too am looking for a screen protector now as I seem to have gotten a small scratch on the glass. I am a bit confused because it hasn't been dropped or had anything dragged across the screen and I thought the Gorilla Glass was supposed to resist scratches. Most reviews I have come across for protectors for the 900 complain of a slight blurring of the screen. Has anyone noticed this with the Zagg?

HifiGuy900

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I too am looking for a screen protector now as I seem to have gotten a small scratch on the glass. I am a bit confused because it hasn't been dropped or had anything dragged across the screen and I thought the Gorilla Glass was supposed to resist scratches. Most reviews I have come across for protectors for the 900 complain of a slight blurring of the screen. Has anyone noticed this with the Zagg?

The only thing I noticed while using the Zagg was the texture was rubbery and the surface had all the rainbow colors while reflecting light. Also it was a blotched instal and so I removed it.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

MadSci2

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Zagged it front back and sides + bumper case (AT&T)
didn't want to risk dropping it and its the first phone I've had that is too beautiful to cover up!

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I just got some cheap cases in the mail that I bought off ebay. They fit well but my cyan 900 just looks so much better without it! It has a screen protector on it that works great but I doubt I'll ever use a case!

Tersanyus

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I vote naked too.

Only phone "case" I have ever really liked is the "bumper" that Apple sold for the iPhone 4/4S. Only real reason I used that is since that phone is glass on both sides and I feared laying it down on something to get the backside all scratched.

I used to use a Zagg front only on the Galaxy Note but it started peeling after only a few months.

puredrive07

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I have the Zagg full body kit + the Cyan bumper case on my Matte Black L900. I've had it on since day one (4/6/12) and it's held up great, but it's starting to peel at the bottom back (not a big deal since I use the bumper). If I take it off the back, I'm going to have to figure out a way to protect the chrome piece on the back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05