First question is that is it normal that the Power button appears to be slightly more recessed than the other buttons on the side? Or did I get one with gimped power button? It functions fine and it makes sense that they might make it less likely to press by making it more recessed, but I wanted to be sure.

Second issue around charge latency when plugging the thing in. My previous device was a WP7 HTC Arrive. On that phone, when plugging in the power adapter, the phone would almost instantly show the charge indicator in the upper right and would play the "im charging" tone as well. With the Lumia 900 I am noticing it takes between 4 and 8 seconds from the time I plug the cable in before it makes the tone and shows the charge indicator in the upper right. Dont know if this is problem or not and if everyone sees this behavior I am probably cool with it. What is your experience?
    04-25-2012 03:45 PM
    That pretty much describes my phone as well
    04-25-2012 03:46 PM
    First question is that is it normal that the Power button appears to be slightly more recessed than the other buttons on the side? Or did I get one with gimped power button? It functions fine and it makes sense that they might make it less likely to press by making it more recessed, but I wanted to be sure.

Second issue around charge latency when plugging the thing in. My previous device was a WP7 HTC Arrive. On that phone, when plugging in the power adapter, the phone would almost instantly show the charge indicator in the upper right and would play the "im charging" tone as well. With the Lumia 900 I am noticing it takes between 4 and 8 seconds from the time I plug the cable in before it makes the tone and shows the charge indicator in the upper right. Dont know if this is problem or not and if everyone sees this behavior I am probably cool with it. What is your experience?
    For the first question: go to an at&t store to see if the other phones with the same color do the same thing. I did notice the white lumia buttons felt worse than the black / cyan ones.

2nd question: it is pretty normal for the lumia 900 to take a few seconds before it realizes it is plugged in. I haven't had any issues with battery life. I hope this helps :)
    04-25-2012 04:33 PM
    My phone looks/works the same, on both questions.
    04-25-2012 05:00 PM
    My white 900 power button juts out about as far as the volume rocker. The camera button extends further than either of those, though. I think mine takes a few seconds to show the charge icon, too. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    04-25-2012 05:17 PM
    1. not on mine. I'd go see a rep at the store

2. yep, mine does the exact same thing.
    04-25-2012 06:47 PM
    1. Mine looks lower compared to the Volume Rocker and the Camera Button. Camera Button comes out more.

2. Mine takes at least 3-5 seconds for it to start charging.
    04-26-2012 11:18 AM
    My buttons on my white lumia are crisp and responsive doesn't feel to recessed. No issues here.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-26-2012 11:39 AM
    You described my phone on both accounts.
    04-26-2012 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD