Should my girlfriend return her 900?

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Not any real problems with the device, except when it comes to charging it. Sometimes, it won't charge at all when you plug it in, and you have to unplug it and replug it in, once it only charged to 95% and wouldn't go any further, and sometimes, once you do plug it up, it takes forever to do the confirming sound and indicate that it is indeed charging.

Is this the case with every 900? Or does this one need returned?

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I've had issues charging mine as well..... I plug in a charger, and it takes upwards of 10 to 15 seconds for the charging to begin... sometimes, it's right away.

Hopefully all of these minor issues I'm having can be fixed with a firmware update.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
on the two lumia's i have had and all display units at the store it takes about 5 seconds before it registers that it is plugged in. It isn't a bug, just the way they were designed. :)

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
If you don't have confidence in the device return it. All the Lumia 900 take a few seconds to register the charge connection I wouldn't return it for that
If it's not charging at all or not charging all the way I would return it for that.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
The not charging all the way is a Windows Phone issue. All phones do it occassionally, it'll just sit at 99% sometimes. My HD7 did it, my 900 does it, Focus owners, Titan owners, etc have all reported it at one point or another.

Hector1van

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Do no use any other cable! I was using my old focus cable after a discharge it wouldn't reboot. Also much slower charging speed. And would not fill up.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Not any real problems with the device, except when it comes to charging it. Sometimes, it won't charge at all when you plug it in, and you have to unplug it and replug it in, once it only charged to 95% and wouldn't go any further, and sometimes, once you do plug it up, it takes forever to do the confirming sound and indicate that it is indeed charging.

Is this the case with every 900? Or does this one need returned?

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.

Don't return it but exchange it. My first one did things like that and second one does not.

LordGreylock

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
If you don't have confidence in the device return it. All the Lumia 900 take a few seconds to register the charge connection I wouldn't return it for that
If it's not charging at all or not charging all the way I would return it for that.

Same here, mine takes a few seconds to start charging, but then charges without any issues. It's just the way the phone is.
I wouldn't worry about it. Unless the phone isn't charging properly then I would bring it back to AT&T.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The not charging all the way is a Windows Phone issue. All phones do it occassionally, it'll just sit at 99% sometimes. My HD7 did it, my 900 does it, Focus owners, Titan owners, etc have all reported it at one point or another.

This is not a normal behavior. I would either return your phones or use the correct adaptor.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Mine was only charging to about 98% or so when I first got it. I let the battery drain completely and recharged, and it has been working fine ever since.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos