Exchanged my Black on for a White Lumia 900: Problems!!!

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I was so afraid I might run into this. You know, having a phone that worked perfectly fine, only to trade it in for one that looked different and then end up having problems. So this is what happens. I play a song while using headphones. When i lock the screen, it totally powers down and wont come back on for a looooong time. Like I'd say 10-20 minutes. I have to keep pressing the power buttons and all other button combinations. I've even had the charger inserted and it was a no go. I did a factory reset, did the same thing again.

The music plays fine without headphones, but with headphones thats where it gets all messed up. Wife talked to the manager of the store that sold it to me and will return it. Problem is that they dont have more white ones because we got the last two last night. They'll try to find a local store that has one.

This sucks because this white lumia 900 seemed to have a less annoying vibrate to it which I was happy about. FML.

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I was so afraid I might run into this. You know, having a phone that worked perfectly fine, only to trade it in for one that looked different and then end up having problems. So this is what happens. I play a song while using headphones. When i lock the screen, it totally powers down and wont come back on for a looooong time. Like I'd say 10-20 minutes. I have to keep pressing the power buttons and all other button combinations. I've even had the charger inserted and it was a no go. I did a factory reset, did the same thing again.

The music plays fine without headphones, but with headphones thats where it gets all messed up. Wife talked to the manager of the store that sold it to me and will return it. Problem is that they dont have more white ones because we got the last two last night. They'll try to find a local store that has one.

This sucks because this white lumia 900 seemed to have a less annoying vibrate to it which I was happy about. FML.
Yes as I have just followed a thread on this topic at the Nokia Discussion Forums...Nokia is aware of the this:
Nokia Support Discussions - Issue with nokia lumia 900 touch capacitive button... - Nokia Support Discussions

As I just purchased a White Lumia 900 too...however the vibration rattle is quite surprising that Nokia, that has a reputation for its solid hardware...let this slip through their Q/A...
I have till the 23nd of May to exchange it...and will watch these threads very closely!

Nokia Support Discussions - Lumia 900 Vibrate rattle ? - Nokia Support Discussions