Got text from AT&T confirming $100 credit, may have to wait up to 60 days

ftap

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Weird. I just returned my Nokia Lumia 900 yesterday. Loved the phone. Real reason I returned it was

1. Cannot sustain LTE data while on voice call, speeds drops down to 3G when on voice
2. while on conference call, AT&T throttles data big time. Speeds drop down to 1mobs download, dial up speeds upload. This has been confirmed by numerous of users also

Anyways I got a text from AT&T saying that there was a software update available and a $100 credit will be applied within 2 billing cycles and may take up to 60 days.

I am back to my iPhone 4S for now. I go through 4-5 cell phones a year so suspect I will get both LTE iPhone and next gen Nokia windows 8 phone later this year.

But it's weird that they would send me a text about the $100 credit even though I am back to the iPhone. I guess since I got the $100 credit noted on my accounted more than a week ago? Who knows if I get it or not.

I did pay a $35 restocking fee to return the phone. I paid full price. Had it for 14 days so wasn't gaming the system to keep it 30 days and returning it.

I called AT&T technical tier 2 level support. They claim they didn't know about the data throttling. Kept using bull crap excuses (data congestion, new sim card, location). But I tested my speeds at 5am (no data congestion) at home and at work 15 miles apart and already got new sim card. I asked them to independently perform the data throttling test while on voice themselves. They both declined. It's like they know it happens but refuse to acknowledge it. (I am not talking about the LTE data being disable and dropping to 3G either). It's full AT&T data throttling during voice calls.

Tyresian

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes, there are several threads on the LTE limitation. No LTE phone can do voice and LTE at the same time.

The only time this really matters is tethering. Which I could then see it being a big con.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750