Fast Battery Drain (not microcell)

dwlovell

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
So I have been pleased with the White Lumia 900 in almost every way. The battery life so far has been great.

However there have been at least two occasions where the phone seemed to be heating up for no reason and within a few hours the battery life would drain from 50% to "critical battery warning". The level of heat would be similar to playing a game for a good bit of time or performing a lot of long downloads.

Normally when I am not actively using the phone, it is cool to the touch and the battery life is long. It has only happened maybe twice over 10 charge cycles and so far both have been at home which is in a good service area with 4 bars of LTE.

Tonight I rebooted the phone after it hit the critical battery warning and it has been on again for 10 minutes plugged into power and is cool to the touch again.

I don't use Microcell and have not altered the phone much. I also have only 2 applications set to run under lock, the weather channel, and the livestrong calorie tracker. I also have 2 email accounts and facebook/twitter, but tbh my social networking activity is almost nonexistent.

Has anyone seen behavior like this?

hellomiggy

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded the Sleep app (the application that makes soothing noises to fall asleep to), well, when It was done. It told me it was going to be in the background. I was fine with it, I turned it off, turned off my phone and turned it back on. I left my phone alone from 12 to 4:40pm that is when I take the mail to the post office. I look at the phone and it was on the 20%/Critical Battery Warning. I was confused? I turned off my phone and it turn it on. I have LTE at work, but I get good bars outside my office. Either way, not touching my phone and my phone dying, was very strange. I deleted the app after, seems to be fine now.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Happened to me on my first Lumia, generally after using Board Express. One time I didn't soft reset, the next day after a charge, it did it. I was down to 60% in like 2 hours or so of doing nothing. It was warm, and nothing was in the background from what I could tell. A soft reset did fix it though.

pderosa

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I was getting a fast drain after I installed a couple of apps yesterday. I was not sure which was the culprit, so I uninstalled all of them and will reinstall one at a time. I was also using board express yesterday, so maybe that was it. I'm guessing that certain apps are not coded correctly and continue to run after shutting them down.

Kdawg1989

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I was also having this problem I would feel my phone heat up through my pocket and it would be dead in just a couple hours unless I soft reset it. It was happening to me every couple hours. I disabled push notifications for facebook and I uninstalled any apps that I didn't use, now it has been several days since I have had any issues at all my battery life has been fantastic. I really wish windows phone had the ability to go in and see what apps are using all of your battery like android does. I would never switch back to android but I do miss that feature.

dwlovell

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
OP here, so yeah, I was also using Board Express yesterday before this happened. I have used it today and didnt have the problem, but if I can correlate using that app to this behavior, that would make me feel better about the phone in general. I never used that app on my HTC Arrive, so I cannot say that this might be a Lumia issue or just an issue with that app or an issue with that app only on the Lumia.

hellomiggy

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I notice with WiFi on it drains my battery rather quickly. I guess connecting to your hotspot and disconnecting. Yesterday I did a test, where I didn't have the WiFi on and I got through the whole day and it dropped down to 75 percent from 8am to 5:30pm. Today I guess my WiFi connection, is draining my battery. I am down to 35 percent right now. Just checking out facebook and all that good stuff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon