Nokia Lumia 900 Issues

TheDarKnight

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I just Bought a Nokia Lumia 900, and I am very happy with the phone, but I am having a couple of issues with it I hope that someone could help me with those:

1- the phone is sometimes slow! I don’t have a lot of apps, just a few, only 2 in the background (wpcentral and weather master), there is always delay in my outlook emails notifications, and when I plug in the phone to charge there is a 2 seconds delay always to that alert when you plug in your phone.
I am comparing this to my old htc hd7 which had 5 or more apps in the background, and it gets emails instantly and the charge notification instantly.
2 - there is a static sometimes in the sound! like when an IM alert or email, it’s like the static you get when you blow up your speakers and ruin them, I never put the volume on max, I only have it up to 15 and silent most of the time.

is anything having those issues ? i tried a reset to factory settings, and still the same, I am kinda disappointed and surprised to see my old htc hd7 beat my lumia 900 with those minor things.

Thanks in advanced.

Last edited:

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
You might have a defective unit. I would take it back and get a replacement. As for the charging. That is normal for the Lumia 900. it doesn't effect the battery in any way.

I am not following you on why your phone is slow. On your HD7 were you with T-Mobile? maybe you had better reception. I find the Lumia 900 a little faster than my HD7, not by much but just a little.

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the slow thing too - I've complained about it and no one else seems to care lol. The 900 is 100% not as fast/smooth as other WP devices.

The static is probably the vibrate feature - it's got a real weird sound to it. Similar to what you just described.

TheDarKnight

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Both phones are on WiFi with Data turned off, and still the outlook notifications are slower, I remember when I am in a meeting at work and all of us get an email , my phone rings first and everyone’s else (iphone and android owners) gets the notifications after at the same time, but now with the lumia its late and sometimes it takes 30 seconds, our mail is hosted on the cloud office 365.

About the static sound, I just checked with my brother who owns the same phone, he told me he gets that occasionally , when a notification or email comes the alert sound comes out with little static in it.

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I am not too worried about the slow thing because I trust Nokia to fix it. I also think the 900 will get Apollo and it will more than likely be resolved with that if not sooner.

My vibrate sounds just like you are describing. Almost like ripping paper or something like that. But it's very staticy sounding. I'm fairly sure it's what you are hearing.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
On how the screen responds to your finger. I found that putting a screen protector on it made it much more fluid. As fluid as my old HD7.

TheDarKnight

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I am surprised to see that other users having the same issues, I guess there is no such thing as the perfect phone ( I really thought the Nokia Lumia would be), I wish that nokia have put little effort in finding those things and building a better hardware for a great OS like the windows phone, I know those are little things that are left out, and for some users it won’t matter, but for me those are really noticeable things and and can be annoying, I mean I always look at my friends’ iPhone’s and I am impressed with the perfect quality of the hardware(device, screen, speakers - sound ,etc ) but the iOS isn’t impressive at all, I really thought that the Lumia hardware would kick the iphones *** hardware easily, but right now the windows phone OS does it big time ;)

Michael-Dallas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
1- the phone is sometimes slow! I don?t have a lot of apps, just a few, only 2 in the background (wpcentral and weather master), there is always delay in my outlook emails notifications, and when I plug in the phone to charge there is a 2 seconds delay always to that alert when you plug in your phone.
I am comparing this to my old htc hd7 which had 5 or more apps in the background, and it gets emails instantly and the charge notification instantly.

Nokia is aware of the charging notification delay.

As far as the email, what are you email sync settings?

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I support many types of phones at my work. iPhones, a slew of Android phones, blackberries and about 25 Windows Phones. I can tell you from experience - they all have hardware problems. iPhones seems to self destruct with the smallest drop and have weird issues just like this. What's really bad for iphones is that ANY update from itunes breaks something. I've never once had a completely smooth upgrade to any group of iphones.

My android phones are never problem free either, especially our HTC ones. They always seems to have a myriad of issues.

Don't even get me started on the blackberries that always seem to have keyboard or rollerball issues.

All of my Windows phones are Samsung Focuses and they have ZERO issues. My most trouble free phones ever. My own included in that.

I guess what I am getting at is nothing is perfect. People put so much hype behind this phone that any issue seems devastating.

I do trust Nokia to make it right. They have no choice really. If they don't make their WP devices as good as possible they will fail.

Reactions: rdubmu

wastegate

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I support many types of phones at my work. iPhones, a slew of Android phones, blackberries and about 25 Windows Phones. I can tell you from experience - they all have hardware problems. iPhones seems to self destruct with the smallest drop and have weird issues just like this. What's really bad for iphones is that ANY update from itunes breaks something. I've never once had a completely smooth upgrade to any group of iphones.

My android phones are never problem free either, especially our HTC ones. They always seems to have a myriad of issues.

Don't even get me started on the blackberries that always seem to have keyboard or rollerball issues.

All of my Windows phones are Samsung Focuses and they have ZERO issues. My most trouble free phones ever. My own included in that.

I guess what I am getting at is nothing is perfect. People put so much hype behind this phone that any issue seems devastating.

I do trust Nokia to make it right. They have no choice really. If they don't make their WP devices as good as possible they will fail.

^Agreed!

TheDarKnight

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Wow the phone is getting ridiculous, this is the 4th time the phone froze in a week ( can’t take out the battery of course) the 2 ones I got are really bad, I am really having all kind of problems with them, constant lagging, crashes a lot, the phone freezes and I can’t restart and I have to wait till the battery drains, it’s getting ridiculous, I owned a windows phone before (HTC HD7) and it crashed zero times , froze zero times, is nokia sending out defective units or what ? It’s really frustrating, it’s supposed to be the top windows phone out there, and it’s not a stable phone at all.
I did the master reset the phones more than once, I don’t even have apps installed , nothing in the background.
The old htc hd7 I have is way faster than both phones, its boots in 10 seconds , the lumia took 30-40 in different times. Obviously getting the lumia is the phone that is still in beta testing.

This is frustrating.

smapor

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Wow the phone is getting ridiculous, this is the 4th time the phone froze in a week ( can?t take out the battery of course) the 2 ones I got are really bad, I am really having all kind of problems with them, constant lagging, crashes a lot, the phone freezes and I can?t restart and I have to wait till the battery drains, it?s getting ridiculous, I owned a windows phone before (HTC HD7) and it crashed zero times , froze zero times, is nokia sending out defective units or what ? It?s really frustrating, it?s supposed to be the top windows phone out there, and it?s not a stable phone at all.
I did the master reset the phones more than once, I don?t even have apps installed , nothing in the background.
The old htc hd7 I have is way faster than both phones, its boots in 10 seconds , the lumia took 30-40 in different times. Obviously getting the lumia is the phone that is still in beta testing.

This is frustrating.

Return the phone and get a new Lumia.

Lemons happen to all products

YingTK

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone notice the noise when switching from one song to another when listening to music with your earphone? It's not loud, just annoying...

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the speaker thing is definitely not normal. My speaker sounds excellent, even at full volume. I actually watch Netflix movies on it without headphones sometimes.

The freezing, slow booting, lagging/slow performance, none of that is normal IMO. My phone doesn't do any of that.

The delay in the tone to let you know it's charging is normal, mine does this too. The buzzy vibration is "normal" too. My Lumia does this and as far as I know they all do. It doesn't really bother me, but I can see how it would be annoying to some people.

If I had the issues you are having, I would have already exchanged my phone for a new one. That's the simple answer here.

Rest assured, 90% of that is not normal and a replacement Lumia will solve those issues for you.

Sorry you had so much trouble with your new phone.

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
You have a bad phone - I have very small issues with my phone but nothing like yours. If my phone froze on me more than once I would bring it back immediately. Windows Phone doesn't freeze or lockup :)

TheDarKnight

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I went to the ATT store, and today was probably one of the worst experiences in my life, and I am ditching the nokia phone.
I went to return the 2 Nokia phones with the issues, they returned it with no problems, they even called the Nokia representative to explain to me that there was a bad batch, and everyone in the store asked me if I did the update, I told them for the million time I did, and as far as I know the update wasn’t for the freezing issues or anything’s like that.
So anyways, they gave me new phones , opened up , inserted the new sims, told me that those are from a new batch and 100% bugs free.
I went home, turned on the first phone, and there u go , the gray areas shows up purple!!! , and opened the other phone, tried to make a phone call , and there was a lot of static during the calls, so I went back again to the store, drove again for 30 minutes , they were surprised of course, told them about my issues, they tried the phones and tried to fix the issues ( don’t know how) , and that didn’t work, so they gave me 2 new ones, and of course when I was testing them at the store one of them froze when I was doing a test call to ATT customer service, and they were really embarrassed, I told the guy : dude I’ve seen enough of bad nokia phones today, I want a different phone, anything but not nokia, heck I was this close to switch back to android, I mean come on all they hype about the Nokia phones and I saw 5 crash in front of me (2 are from different warehouses). But they didn’t have any Samsungs in stock , so I took my nokia phones and left the store and decided to return them either by mail or go to the different store.
I wonder what nokia’s excuse would be about this, all the sites that sells nokia phones have it the highest rating , and I wonder if those are actually real reviews( since basically any one can review the phone), I made up my mind to ditch the nokia phone, and get a Samsung focus or a Titan, my fianc? who owns the second phone wants an iphone now, and now I look like an idiot coz I kept telling her about the phone and that she should try it and it’s the best out there, but I don’t blame her, she is a normal phone user, and she will except her phone to work normally.
I hope that someone from nokia or Microsoft who cares can read this, I know that everyone will tell me that oh well all phones have issues, well that’s not that case , and it’s not with the ridiculous amount of bad phones in a day for the same buyer, I had my HTC HD7 since it came out, it never ever crashes on me, never dropped a call, never froze, Nokia is fail for me.

The def star

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Well I guess you just have horrible luck man I'm sorry that you are not happy with how your Lumia's have turned out. When I got my HD7 at launch I went through 3 of them before I got one that worked great. I unfortunately had to mail mine out instead of being able to swap them at my local phone store. I say go with the Titan II if you can. A great WP7 phone as well with an awesome camera.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Wow. My pre-ordered L900 has been working nearly perfect since I picked it up. Yes, a few times the multi-task screen has popped up when tapping back. But I know Nokia is working on that. No freezes, data issues or any other problems. Loving this phone.

And I thought I had no luck. You take the crown.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)