Nokia Lumia 900 Issues

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
The purple issue is the phone but very easy to make go away.

The call issue though I don't think is the phone at all. There has to be something screwed up with your provisioning or something like that.

TheDarKnight

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
What do you guys think of the Samsung focus S ? is the screen quality as good as the Lumia ? both phones have same proccessor and memory, maybe I should get one of those, is the keyboard delay bug still out there ?

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
What do you guys think of the Samsung focus S ? is the screen quality as good as the Lumia ? both phones have same proccessor and memory, maybe I should get one of those, is the keyboard delay bug still out there ?

My mum has a Focus S and loves it. Are you not into a Titan II at all? It's arguably the best Windows Phone out there.

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I had the original Titan and thought the screen was beautiful. I actually like it better than the Focus S. If you can go see one at the store compare the 900, Focus S and Titan II. I think the Titan screen more than holds it own against the AMOLED screens.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I do like the Titan 2, but how is the video games graphics on that one ? is it as smooth the the lumia and samsung ??

Yup, same graphics chip as the Lumia and Samsung and the Titan II actually has a small bump in the CPU speed to 1.5 Ghz so it benchmarks slightly higher than the others.

The Lumia 900 has the nicest screen of any of them by far though. SuperAMOLED+ is the best you can get and the Lumia is the only phone out there on any platform that has both SuperAMOLED+ AND the Nokia ClearBlack polarization which cuts out most glare.

The Lumia has much better battery life than the Titan II.

The Titan II has a nice screen though and I'd say that the whites are a little brighter and whiter than the Lumia. Every other color looks more vibrant on the Lumia though.

Titan II has a better camera than the Lumia, you might want to consider that too.

TheDarKnight

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
They refuse to exchange them now, the told me to call customer service, i did, spend an hour with them they werent helpful, told me to go back to a store.

I ended up closing my att account, and i am sending back the phones, att and nokia can go to **** for this bullsh**t.

TheDarKnight

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Went to a different store they didnt care and refused to exchange the phone, I spent an hour on the phone, I got transfered to 10 different departments.

TheDarKnight

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Sorry but that fact that you returned a phone 6 times indicates something suspicious to me.

Dude what?s your point? Are you saying I am a liar or a windows phone/nokia hater; I can scan all the receipts for the exchanges and show you.
I used Nokia phones all my life, and I know those phone probably better than anybody else in this forum, I was born and raised in Dubai, in that part of the world (Europe/Asia) Nokia phone were dominating for ages, I?ve been through a lot and I mean a LOT of nokia phones in my life, almost all the Popular ones (my first one was the 6110) and I loved each and every single one of them since then, for me any Nokia phone is the perfect phone, So anyways I had high hopes for the lumia, and I fell in love with this phone since day one.
You know after all these exchanges I still got the Lumia, and its working fine now and no problems, I could?ve gotten a titan or a Samsung or anything else, but no I wanted the lumia. I am just upset with the amount of phones that failed the QA process at nokia, and with the ATT customer service and Nokia customer service.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I was wrong about my Lumia 900 camera, me thinks.

Can someone speak to the Lumia 900 "ClearBlack" finish? I suspect this is where I've gotten it wrong about my phone.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Can someone speak to the Lumia 900 "ClearBlack" finish? I suspect this is where I've gotten it wrong about my phone.

What did you want to know about it?

Basically it works similar to the way that polarized sunglasses can help you see on a sunny day out on the water, by cutting the reflected light.

On a screen without ClearBlack, sunlight, glare etc will hit the phone screen, then reflect back in your eyes. So you see a reflection of the sky and the clouds, or you get your office lights reflecting back at you. This is especially noticeable in black areas of the screen. The usual response to this, is for people to turn up the brightness of the screen and hopefully it gets bright enough to overpower most of the reflected light.

With ClearBlack, which is a special type of polarizing filter, the light from the sun, or your indoor lights still hits the phone's screen, but it is deflected away from your eyes so you only see the light coming from the phone's screen itself, the light you WANT to see. So you don't need to make the screen nearly as bright to be able to see things very clearly. That saves battery life and just makes the phone generally nicer to deal with, especially outside in the sun.

The special filter combined with an OLED type screen where the pixels are actually "off" and not giving off any light when they are displaying black, gives you a very nice result. Basically black areas on the screen appear very dark and the screen doesn't allow outside light coming in to water down the colors or obscure your view. The end result is, a picture or a web pages, or whatever you are looking at looks exactly the way it should whether you are standing outside in the sun, or inside under harsh florescent lighting, next to a campfire or in a darkened room.

This link has a little illustration and explanation too:

Nokia reveals polarizing secrets of ClearBlack display -- Engadget

iphone4convert

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody elese notice that if you hold the Lumia 900 at shoulder height and forcefully throw it down on a concrete slab that the screen will crack. Or, if you place the phone in a bathtub full of water and keep it there for about 10 minutes, the phone won't work any longer. How about if you put it in a blender, has anyone noticed that the phone will no longer work, but the purple hue is gone. I wonder if there is a software issue or if these are just manufacuting problems. (This board is driving me Nukin Futz with all the issues...I try them on my phone and some can be duplicated and some are not....but in the end, it's just a phone that many of us have received free or even received credit. All in all, I am happy and just waiting for the Apollo version to come out so I can again upgrade my phone, which I suspect many here will also do.) Chillax!

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody elese notice that if you hold the Lumia 900 at shoulder height and forcefully throw it down on a concrete slab that the screen will crack. Or, if you place the phone in a bathtub full of water and keep it there for about 10 minutes, the phone won't work any longer. How about if you put it in a blender, has anyone noticed that the phone will no longer work, but the purple hue is gone. I wonder if there is a software issue or if these are just manufacuting problems. (This board is driving me Nukin Futz with all the issues...I try them on my phone and some can be duplicated and some are not....but in the end, it's just a phone that many of us have received free or even received credit. All in all, I am happy and just waiting for the Apollo version to come out so I can again upgrade my phone, which I suspect many here will also do.) Chillax!

lol, people like to b*tch it's who they are :)Especially when something is so hyped like this phone. But really, look at any active forums for any phone and it's riddled with complaints. People will post negative stuff more than positive.

Personally, I love my White Lumia 900 - It's the sexist phone out there!!

TheDarKnight

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Complaining about something defective is not b*tching, I really like the Lumia, why would you consider someone being frustrated coz they can’t get a working Lumia as b*tching, it I was really b*tching I would complain about minor or stupid things, not about my phone freezing constantly or having purple hue that when I contacted nokia about they told me to get a replacement.
The reason I posted this (other thatn sharing my horrible customer service experience with ATT) is to see if my issues are common and to see if someone might have an advice or something like that, a few people had those issues but not the majority, that’s why I kept exchanging my phone till I got a nice working Lumia, I didn’t consider any other windows phone.

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I should have clarified, there are other people here (not you) who freak out because of things like "the light on my capacitive buttons is not even" or who know that most of the phones have a rattle sound when they vibrate but continue to post and complain about it in 50+ posts.

Those are the people I am talking about.

Your issue is very odd though, I wish you found out what the problem was because I am really curious.

iphone4convert

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I should have clarified, there are other people here (not you) who freak out because of things like "the light on my capacitive buttons is not even" or who know that most of the phones have a rattle sound when they vibrate but continue to post and complain about it in 50+ posts.

Or if you press the upper right corner of the screen, by the AT&T logo, there seems to be a clicking sound. OK...my phone does that too. So what! You know what, if I don't press the upper right hand part of the screen , it doesn't click - problem solved. It's a great phone, great interface, and even without the $100 rebate some of us received, it's a great price. I aint going back to ios or Android, not the iPhone 5 - not the Galaxy S III - NFW, as in "no way". Now I'm all reved up waiting for the Apollo phone AND I can't wait to get my hands on a Windows 8 Tablet. Bye-bye iPad!

ebrown14444

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm very confused!! My old lumia 900 kept freezing. So yeah I took it back and
Got a replacement but my new one is also freezing!!!!! What can I do?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos