Unlocking While on a Flat Surface

CommutinJoe

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to Windows Phone and I am thoroughly enjoying my Lumia 900. One odd quirk that I've noticed is that it's difficult to unlock the phone while it is lying on a flat surface.

For instance, in my office I typically have it on my desk. When I get a text, I keep the phone on my desk and attempt to swipe up to read/respond to the text. However, I've found that the phone is incredibly unresponsive to the upward swiping motion while it is lying flat.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to Windows Phone and I am thoroughly enjoying my Lumia 900. One odd quirk that I've noticed is that it's difficult to unlock the phone while it is lying on a flat surface.

For instance, in my office I typically have it on my desk. When I get a text, I keep the phone on my desk and attempt to swipe up to read/respond to the text. However, I've found that the phone is incredibly unresponsive to the upward swiping motion while it is lying flat.

Has anyone else encountered this?
I have seen it before. With my Trophy and with my Zune HD. Although I couldn't re-create it just now.

The screens work when your finger interupts an electric field. If you have a tube monitor or other EMI devices, try moving it away from them.

Also try setting it on a mouse pad or book. Something to get it up off the desk.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss